have you got it?

4 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 13, 2010   (RSS)

Re: [Maurice] have you got it?

By ross - August 13, 2010

Hi Maurice

Thanks for posting!

We can make a comments script that hooks into CMS Builder for you. Because it ties right into CMS Builder, it's completely customizable.

The most common features include:

- captcha
- email notification to admins when new comments are added
- comments disabled by default
- only allow "members" to post comments

If you send me an email through consulting@interactivetools.com with the fields you need and specific requirements, we can put together a quote for you.

In regards to the file upload system for individual users from cmsb and a chat system, could you send me a separate email to consulting@interactivetools.com with more details about what you are aiming for? There are pretty much options for just about anything so it's just a matter of narrowing down the features.

How does that sound? Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [ross] have you got it?

By Maurice - August 13, 2010

Hi Ross,

thanx for the reply.

but every thing i read on this forum and 80% of interactivetools reply is:

"we can make a quote for you" or "this will have to be custom coding"

this has been sinds CMSB went live. don't get me wrong CMSB is great its the best for demo building and small sites cms we work with and it makes business good (but not beter)

small thinking gets small results ( i think its the Canadian way) heheheh

But i get the feeling interactivetools intentionally keep CMSB and the Add- ons stupid with less functionality's so you can keep making custom coding quotes

this is the wurst strategy i have ever seen in a company online

am I the only one seeing this? or are the more customers??? or are we the only one using multiple installs.

My question was if any user added functions like the ones i mentioned that are out there ever where integrated in there cmsb and how did they do that? we want to learn from the community like a community should be not controlled that's the idea of social media and forums or am i seeing it wrong please correct me.

We just build a pay pal plug in wit a sms module but we there not to sale them cause what happens when cmsb changes U don't have a developers area or share.

again don't get me wrong CMSB is great and IT hase the best support team on this globe and cmsb hase in some cases cut us in time but we want more with cmsb and the potential is there.

but i had many discussions on skype with DAVE but it is like driving against a concrete wall again again and again and not getting further a single inch.

so again thanx for the reply

We have been a customer for many many years and probably will be for some few years more but I personally did not feel like a customer sins cmsb the change is great in the application not in the new development strategy .

Greetz Maurice
-------------------------------------------

Dropmonkey.nl

Re: [Maurice] have you got it?

By Chris - August 13, 2010

Hi Maurice,

Unlike our previous software, CMS Builder is a toolbox. It has some great tools for making simple-to-moderate complexity sites out-of-the-box with little experience required. It also has tools for building more tools - so that even more complicated sites can be built by programmers.

Unfortunately, it doesn't contain all of the tools imaginable.

Some of our customers are programmers who will build their own tools on top of CMS Builder without our help. Some of our customers are programmers who have specific questions and just need some helpful advice on how to build their tools themselves. Some of our customers are not programmers at all and won't be able to build the features they want without help. Because of this, we offer to help build solutions for you. We don't force anyone to use us for custom programming. Our rates, in my opinion, are very reasonable.

We are not intentionally witholding features from our software; adding generalized functionality to CMS Builder or building Add Ons is a lot of work! Every time we upgrade CMSB, we need to worry about breaking all the other existing features. We spend a lot of effort trying to figure out which new features we can afford to add.

Please understand that we're doing the best we can!
All the best,
Chris