Adding License Company Name to CMSB Admin page

5 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 10, 2010   (RSS)

By kkegans - August 9, 2010

Greetings IT staff,

Is there a way, or if not could you add the License Company Name to the CMSB Admin page? I work with many different admin sites, usually 2 or 3 silultaneously and sometimes can't remember which one I am on.

Kurt
CMSB Rocks!

Thanks,

Kurt

Re: [kkegans] Adding License Company Name to CMSB Admin page

By Chris - August 9, 2010

Hi Kurt,

I have solved this problem in the past by changing the "Program Name / Titlebar" (at the very top of General Settings.) Another option would be to supply a Header Image URL and add your License Company Name to an image.

I also like to use "Color / Theme" to differentiate between, for example, staging and production environments. You can even add your own colour schemes if necessary!

Does any of this help? Please let me know if you have any questions.
All the best,
Chris

Re: [chris] Adding License Company Name to CMSB Admin page

By kkegans - August 9, 2010

Chris,

Thanks for the great suggestion, but in my case these ideas will not solve my issue.

We use the Program Name/ Title bar and the Header Image for our branding and there just are not enough Themes available... We are currently supporting approximately 30 CMSB sites and are adding about 6 per month. Our support team members constantly have a number of admin pages open on their screens and it gets a bit confusing keeping up with them. I was hoping that the 'License Company Name' could be added on the navigation bar, just above or below the 'My Account | Logoff , Help | License | View Website' links. (see the attached image)

Thanks,

Kurt
CMSB Rocks!

Thanks,

Kurt
Attachments:

example.jpg 77K

Re: [kkegans] Adding License Company Name to CMSB Admin page

By Damon - August 10, 2010

Hi Kurt,

You can add the License Company Name in the admin, above My Account by modifying this file:

/lib/menus/sidebar.php

Open it and right after this , on line 20:
<div id="profile-links">

Add this:
<?php echo $SETTINGS['licenseCompanyName']; ?><br />

This will output the License Company Name. Style as needed.

Notes:
- make a backup first.
- keep records of any modifications made so that you can easily make them again if a future upgrade replaces that file and your changes.

Hope that helps!
Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/