Admin area plug-ins

By garyhoffmann - July 30, 2010

Is there a way to create a plug-in that affects the admin area of CMSB?

Here is my specific need / desire:

My users are getting very comfortable with CMSB, so some of them have asked if they can modify the "styles" used in their website

I had to tell them that they would have to edit the styles.css file in the root directory of their website.

Well, I might as well have told them to build a fence around the world.

So, I got this great idea - I could create a category section which is where styles can be defined. Top level entries would be things like body, div id's, class names, etc. Lower level things would be such as font-family, font-size, color, etc. with a "value" field.

Then, I wrote this little PHP script that generates a ustyles.css file which is included in the websites right after my styles.css file. This allows the user to override things if they want simply by using CMSB and running a script.

So, I thought, wouldn't it be cool to allow them to generate the ustyles.css right from the admin menu of CMSB.

So, that brings us to the reason for this post - can I create a plug-in to CMSB that can be RUN from within CMSB? If so, how do I do this?

Thanks so much.
Gary.

Re: [Jason] Admin area plug-ins

By garyhoffmann - August 2, 2010

Very cool - works like a charm - I guess it pays to know all the functionality built into the product!!

Gary.