Reset upload height and width on images

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 28, 2010   (RSS)

Re: [garyhoffmann] Reset upload height and width on images

By Jason - July 28, 2010

Hi Gary,

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to actually resize the physical image once it's been uploaded. Re-uploading would be the solution that would get the best results.

Some other options would include:
-hardcoding in height and width in your pages
-using SQL to change the height and width values inside the database. (This should only be attempted if you're comfortable with SQL as it could cause a lot of other problem if not done correctly. ALWAYS make a backup of your data before trying this).

Hope this helps.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] Reset upload height and width on images

By garyhoffmann - July 28, 2010

Hi Gary,

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to actually resize the physical image once it's been uploaded. Re-uploading would be the solution that would get the best results.

Some other options would include:
-hardcoding in height and width in your pages
-using SQL to change the height and width values inside the database. (This should only be attempted if you're comfortable with SQL as it could cause a lot of other problem if not done correctly. ALWAYS make a backup of your data before trying this).

Hope this helps.

I came up with the following - check this out:

I turned on the thumbnails for the image. I set the thumbnails size to approximately the correct size I was looking for.

Then, using the larger images I FTP'd to the site, I re-created the thumbnails. I changed my code to use the thumbUrlPath instead of the urlPath to the picture and because the size was now OK, it worked like a charm.

Thank you for the reply. I hope this helps someone in the future with this same issue.

As an aside, I would love to have, just like we have recreate thumbnails, a reset image size properties from the physical image file. This is not the first time I ran into a problem with forgetting to set the proper max height and max width on an upload field, but I've never had this many pictures nor this many info fields in use in the past, so I just re-uploaded.

That feature would have saved me in this case.

Gary.

Re: [garyhoffmann] Reset upload height and width on images

By Jason - July 28, 2010

Hi Gary,

That's great that you got that working. Really good solution!

I'll make sure that gets onto our requested features list.

Thanks.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/