CMSB Future updates/features

7 posts by 5 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: June 4, 2010   (RSS)

By videopixel - April 21, 2010 - edited: April 21, 2010

Hello,

It took me a while to publish this message because i don't want to be negative about the product, in fact I love it (already bought 2 licenses). But i have some questions/requests about the past updates and future ones... Don't misunderstand me I find it fantastic that CMSB is being updated! Bugs, small hitches, improvements etc... it's all a sign that CMSB is ALIVE! Although extra functions like Custom JS, Related Records, Field Prefixes, etc. are nice for some people I think the majority of users would like to see updates/new features like:

- Media management like MCImageManager/MCFileManager
This is for me a MAJOR problem to sell websites to clients made with the product...

- Commenting system!!! (input from front-end straight to the DB)
Every modern CMS system needs this... I still don't understand why this is missing in CMSB...

- Build-in Form creator (with validation/admin of messages...)
Again for me a big drawback to use this product for clients

If one day all these features will be available i'm sure CMSB will be one of the best solutions on the market for CMS building!

Anyway i hope that other users will agree with my message to the developers...
And that i didn't upset the developers too much ;-)

SUCCES with CMSB!

Re: [videopixel] CMSB Future updates/features

By aev - April 21, 2010 - edited: April 22, 2010

I agree, your list is spot on!

I would just like to add:
'Drag' support for records in a Category Section like we have for Multirecord Sections

-aev-

Re: [videopixel] CMSB Future updates/features

By Dave - April 23, 2010

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for your feedback and suggestions.

Some are going to take longer than others, but all of these things are on our planned features list.

Please feel free to post any feature requests, etc whenever you think of anything. It does help shape the future direction of the product.

Thanks!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] CMSB Future updates/features

By gkornbluth - June 1, 2010 - edited: June 1, 2010

Hi,

Just thought I'd throw out a few things that I'd like to see in future releases.

1) Number of Records Diplayed
A selection in the admin section general tab that sets the default number of records displayed in the records lists. Many of us have more than 25 records in our sections and our clients are constantly changing the setting.

2) Blank Space Plugin.
A plugin that checked for a blank space as the first (and only) character in all text and WYSIWYG fields on an entire site, so I don't have to put the code to check for that in each if statement.

3) Menu Groups for section editors.
Something similar to menu groups for section editor fields, so that complex sections expands only when fields are relevant. That would make many of my clients happier.

4) Better layout options for section editors.
It would be great to have more flexibility to determine what a section editor screen looks like to our clients. The "icing on the cake" would be to have the ability to design the editor screen like we now design our web pages.

Just a few thoughts.

Best,

Jerry Kornbluth
The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

Re: [gkornbluth] CMSB Future updates/features

By Dave - June 1, 2010

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the suggestions, I've added a link to this post on on development plan document for future reference.

We've actually been a little bit behind on adding new features but we have a number of features we've already completed for custom projects that we plan to release soon as v2.05.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] CMSB Future updates/features

By gkornbluth - June 1, 2010 - edited: June 1, 2010

You're welcome as always,

I hope that you don't take any of my suggestions as negative or as criticism.

No one can't do everything that everybody suggests all at once.

You're making great progress at staying way ahead of the curve.

In short, I think that you folks Rock!!!

Best,

Jerry Kornbluth
The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php