How to show name of category which came?

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 26, 2010   (RSS)

Re: [esteban] How to show name of category which came?

By Jason - May 25, 2010

Hi,

So for each page, you want to be able to see which category they were previously in?

You could try adding some variables to your links like this:

<a href="article-list.php?category_num=3&category_past=<?php echo *CURRENT CATEGORY NAME*?>"
">Category 3</a>

This way, each link will have the category name of the previous page stored in $_REQUEST['category_past']. You just need to replace *CURRENT CATEGORY NAME* with the variable that is storing the current name.

Hope this helps.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] How to show name of category which came?

By esteban - May 25, 2010

I haven't any idea what to do with this. When I put this code into menu I have error. Could you explain this in the example? Whre is a code to show category?

I need the name of the category where the article is assigned and that is linking the name of the place from which I clicked on this article. A simple mechanism to return to the place from which I came.

In other words:

When I clicked to article "Sunyday" on 5th list-page category3 I would have oportunity to back to 5th list-page category3.

Re: [esteban] How to show name of category which came?

By Jason - May 26, 2010

Hi,

I've take another look at your code, and I can't see where you're outputting a list of categories. You have your list of categories in the variable $main_menuRecords, but I you don't seem to use them.

Could you attach the file you're working with and send me a link to your page so that I can see what's happening?

Thanks.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/