Session Start Error

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 17, 2010   (RSS)

By rentittoday - May 17, 2010

Hi guys,

Some people are getting the error message below when they try to return from a page in our site to our homepage. I believe that they are all using IE when this error occurs.

I believe that this has something to do with our login session stuff? Any ideas on how to fix this?

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at C:\Domains\rentittoday.com\
wwwroot\index.php:5) in C:\Domains\rentittoday.com\wwwroot\cmsAdmin\lib\init.php on line 311

Thank you!
Lauren
Jason Glass

Re: [rentittoday] Session Start Error

By Kenny - May 17, 2010

Lauren,

I was having the same problem on MANY sites after upgrading and stumbled upon a fix.

Somehow, a magical space is getting put before the opening top of page code &#65279;<?php require_once ".....

I can't see this space in most case (even when using a plain text editor) but if I put my cursor there and hit the backspace button a few times, it erases the magical space. Then all is right with the world and no more session start errors.

Try it out - this seems to have fixed it on many websites so far....

Kenny

Re: [sagentic] Session Start Error

By rentittoday - May 17, 2010

That is odd? I wonder if there is a reason behind why it adds that? Thank you for the fix, I will try it as well!

Lauren
Jason Glass