need preview image in CMS list page

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 6, 2010   (RSS)

By TheSeen - May 5, 2010

Hi all ...

I have set up a gallery in the CMS that is working as a multiple type area. Client will be able to upload one image to the gallery per 'create' button.

In the main CMS screen, listing the gallery uploads already added, is it possible to show/include the preview image of the actual image (in addition to the default text details)?

Just the same as the preview image that appears if you click modify to look at a particular upload.

This will be very useful for my client to see what image has actually been uploaded as the gallery may get quite large.

Many thanks

Re: [TheSeen] need preview image in CMS list page

By gkornbluth - May 5, 2010

Hi,

It sure is, I do it all the time for the same reason.

In your section editor under the "general" tab, just add the field name of the image that you want to display (separated by a comma). The thumbnail will then be displayed in the record list.

Be aware that the thumbnail will display in actual size, so if you've enlarged it from the default you may have to readjust it and use another thumbnail (2, 3 or 4) for the original purpose.

Hope that gets you going.

Best,

Jerry Kornbluth
The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

Re: [gkornbluth] need preview image in CMS list page

By TheSeen - May 6, 2010

perfect thanks