Notice: Watch out for forum spammers!

3 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 5, 2010   (RSS)

By Dave - May 4, 2010 - edited: May 5, 2010

Hello All,

We're getting a lot of signups from forum spammers. Basically they post messages like:
"Gee thanks, that's useful information"
"Can you tell me how this product compares to _____?"
"... Is there a video?"
"What about SEO?"

They're fairly easy to spot because they sound kind of spammy when you read them and if you click on the username to see the user detail page (in the forum) they have very few posts and their url and email looks like advertisements.

We're deleting these as fast as they come in (so someone is wasting their money) and considering locking down the forum more. In the meantime, just ignore them if they look spammy.

Thanks! :)

UPDATE: If your account or post got accidentally deleted please re-post or let me know at dave@interactivetools.com. Thanks!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Notice: Watch out for forum spammers!

By gkornbluth - May 5, 2010

Hi All,

Perhaps it's time to restrict posting to customers. Those folks who have already purchased a license.

If anyone can't figure out if they want to purchase from reading the forum posts, then maybe they're not worth the bother.

It's unfortunate that so much effort has to go into dealing with so few bad apples.

Just my 2 cents...

Best,

Jerry Kornbluth
The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php