Advance Search

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 4, 2010   (RSS)

Re: [kcmedia] Advance Search

By Jason - May 4, 2010

Hi,

Here are a few tips.

-First things I would do would be to make sure that all of your input fields on your form are named exactly the same as the fields in the database.

-For your checkboxes (Learner Approved, Factory Warranty, Dealer Warranty, Extended Warranty), you should only have 1 box for each. This way if they check it, it's yes, if they don't, it's no. The way it's set up right now, I person could select both yes and no for a single option.

-You can get your list of manufacturers and put them in a list like this:
<select name="Brand">
<?php echo getSelectOptionsFromTable('pre_owned_bikes_logos','title','title','',1); ?>
</select>

You can do something similar for "store".

-Engine is a bit harder, since you're not storing a list of engine sizes in the database and they're just stored as text in your table. You could manually enter your list, but the entries "less than <100cc" and "greater than >1000cc" would take a bit more complicated custom programming.

- On the page that will be displaying the search results, if you use the option 'allowSearch' => true,
where you're getting your records will automatically do the search.

Let me know if you run into any issues. Like I said, we could always do some custom programming for you to get it done quickly.

Hope this helps.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/