Flash Gallery

38 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 29, 2010   (RSS)

By KCMedia - April 26, 2010 - edited: April 26, 2010

Hi Dave

Not really i am totaly lost now.

I have followed everything that i have been told to do but am just goign around in circles now.

I dont know what way is up from down now.

I can get the flash stuff to work with just the raw format that comes with the download and just edit the config.xml file and it works 100% but the problem i am having is getting CMS builder to talk to that file or some other way to make this all work.

I am so far behind in design on the site just because of this issue it is driving me nuts.

Also find attached the config.xml.php file with all the CMS builder stuff in the code.
Thanks

Craig

KC Media Solutions

www.kcmedia.biz
Attachments:

config-xml_001.php 3K

Re: [kcmedia] Flash Gallery

By Dave - April 26, 2010

Hi kxmedia,

I can point you in the right direction but XML files can take some time. This can be true even when you are just working with text versions with no CMS or PHP. The slightest error and flash won't work with it.

You know how to make a HTML page work with CMSB, just think of this as a text page you need to setup. That's basically what it is anyways. You just need to make the page output by CMSB (config.xml.php) look like the original text page (config.xml) or at least very similar.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By KCMedia - April 26, 2010

Hi Dave

I have the code looking like the config.xml file but i had to hack the code up a bit and as a few more features to CMS builder to handle the file names because it wouldnt show the images.

I have the config.xml.php file now outputing the url image and all the code right but still the flash app wont pickup the config.xml.php file for it to work.
Thanks

Craig

KC Media Solutions

www.kcmedia.biz
Attachments:

config-xml_003.php 2K

By Dave - April 27, 2010

Hi kcmedia,

Looks good:
- The header sent is: text/xml (like your other file)
- It validates with: http://validator.w3.org/
- It appears correct on visual inspection
- The image urls are valid

I've saved the output of config.xml.php as config.xml and attached it. Upload this and see if it works with your flash.

If it works then:
- erase config.xml again
- uncomment the mod_rewrite rule in the .htaccess
- so requests for config.xml are served by config.xml.php
- and see if that works
- if it doesn't we need to check the PHP for any extra differences.

If it doesn't work then:
- You know the problem is related to the XML and not PHP or the CMS
- So review the docs for the flash app and figure out what's wrong with the XML.

Hope that helps!
interactivetools.com
Attachments:

config_002.xml 3K

By KCMedia - April 27, 2010

Hi Dave

I have done that and it still dosnt play the flash app.

it worked with the config.xml you sent me all ok but not with the config.xml.php set with the .htaccess mod rule at all it seems to get stuck.
Thanks

Craig

KC Media Solutions

www.kcmedia.biz

By Dave - April 28, 2010

Hi kcmedia,

Can you set it up so it's working with the config.xml I send you and then email me CMS and FTP login details and I'll take a look for you? Email to dave@interactivetools.com, don't post login details to the forum.

Thanks!
interactivetools.com

By Dave - April 28, 2010

Hi kcmedia,

Thanks, I received that.

You had everything perfect except the .htaccess. I just removed the / so it looked in the current folder and not the root:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule config.xml$ /config.xml.php [L]

Then I renamed /newsite/config.xml to /newsite/config.xml.orignal and refreshed this url to confirm the rewrite was happening:
http://www.actionmc.com.au/newsite/config.xml

Then viewed the index.php and everything seems to be working.

Can you take a look and confirm and then let me know?

Thanks, hope that helps! :)
interactivetools.com

By KCMedia - April 28, 2010

Hi Dave

It is working on the test site but not the live site i just copied all that to the live site in the main root and it dosnt work.
Thanks

Craig

KC Media Solutions

www.kcmedia.biz

By Dave - April 28, 2010

Hmm, not sure. Unfortunately we're back to the drawing board on that one. It's too bad that component doesn't give you any errors or tips.

I've copied the output of /config.xml.php to /config.xml and commented out the mod_rewrite in .htaccess.

The live site doesn't seem to work with the plain text xml either so there must be some difference in the configuration.

If you can figure out how to get the live site working with the plain text config.xml file then it should be easy to copy the changes to config.xml.php.
interactivetools.com