Image uploads - HTML error

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 23, 2010   (RSS)

By ekcetera - April 23, 2010

I'm transfering cmsBuilder from one host to another - it's been a big headache! Everything seems to be working fine except Image Uploads.

Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. When I try to upload, I get a message that says, "HTML error" but nothing more specific. Any idea what's going on?

Re: [ekcetera] Image uploads - HTML error

By Jason - April 23, 2010

Hi,

If it only happens with certain files, it may be the files are exceeding the maximum file upload size on that server. You can change the maximum size if you have access to the php.ini file on your server. You need to change 2 fields:
; Maximum allowed size for uploaded files.
upload_max_filesize = 50M

; Maximum size of POST data that PHP will accept.
post_max_size = 50M

You can set the number to the maximum number (of megabytes) a file can be.

If you don't have access to php.ini, you can ask your provider if they can change it for you.

Give that a try. Let me know if the error persists.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] Image uploads - HTML error

By ekcetera - April 23, 2010

Each of those values are listed at 20M. The files I'm trying to upload are not even 1M. The one that worked was 124k and the one that didn't was 43k.

I did re-create the file I was trying to upload - that one didn't work. Also, some of the ones that worked previously are now not working, some do. It's like there's no pattern to why or why not.

I have max #of uploads set at 1. I tried uploading an additional file after I successfully uploaded one and got the same HTML error. Previously I had gotten the "maximum number of uploads exceeded" message. So, that error message has changed.