lookupReferringRecords Error

9 posts by 6 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 20, 2010   (RSS)

By (Deleted User) - October 26, 2009

Hi there,

I am trying to use the comment software from gentlesource.com http://www.gentlesource.com/comment-script/

It works great with CMS Builder. I am also using the great plugin that Chris posted here: http://www.interactivetools.com/iforum/Products_C2/CMS_Builder_F35/gforum.cgi?post=75062;t=search_engine#75062

Once the comment php software has completed it redirects me back to my original url with #c5t_form on the end. Fine this is just like a normal link to a div in the document you say.

If I open my browser and include the above #c5t_form it jumps to the comment form - all well and good. BUT

If the script does it I get this error:

lookupReferringRecords: 'recordList' option missing

I realize the comment software is causing this issue but can anyone shed some light onto this?

Thanks Jonathan

Re: [jonoc73] lookupReferringRecords Error

By (Deleted User) - October 26, 2009

Actually, it's not the plugin that is causing it to display: lookupReferringRecords.

If I run this on a page without the plugin Chris made, it loads the page fine but WITHOUT any cms content. Does the viewer_functions.php file not run when programmes on the server are returning to a page? or is it something else? How would i force it to run in php?

thanks Jono

By ross - October 28, 2009

Hi there.

Thanks for posting!

This is definitely an interesting one :). Once we start getting plugins from different sources running on the same page, it can be tricky to get them all talking to one another. Would you mind posting a link to your site so I can take a closer look?

Another way would be to attach a copy of your schema file for the section and a copy of the page you are having trouble on so we can try it locally (don't just paste the code in a reply, it's difficult to work with that :)).

Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [ross] lookupReferringRecords Error

By (Deleted User) - October 28, 2009

Can I send details to you personally - I can see you aren't able to receive PM's.

Thanks Jono.

By Dave - October 29, 2009

Hi Jono,

If you want to email Ross directly his email is ross@interactivetools.com

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Hansaardappel] lookupReferringRecords Error

By (Deleted User) - April 17, 2010

The comment form is Posting back to that page and getRecords()'s default behaviour is to use any fields from the request to search records. The search returns no records and a bug in the relatedRecordLookupFunctions.php plugin is throwing an error when it should just silently return nothing.

To fix your page, I believe you'll need to add 'allowSearch' => '0' to
your getRecords() call, like this:

list($guided_tourRecords, $guided_tourMetaData) = getRecords(array(
'tableName' => 'guided_tour',
'where' => whereRecordNumberInUrl(1),
'allowSearch' => '0',
'limit' => '1', ));

By Perchpole - August 20, 2010

Hi, All -

I've just run into this bug for the first time.

Do we have a proper fix for it yet - other than the 'allowsearch' workaround?

:0/

Perch

Re: [Perchpole] lookupReferringRecords Error

By Jason - August 20, 2010

Hi Perch,

The allowSearch = false just means that the getRecords function won't automatically create a MySQL WHERE statement based on variables in the URL string or posted from a form. You can still do searches, you just have to manually create the WHERE clause.

This isn't a bug as it's the way the software is designed, it can just cause problems if you're not aware of it.

If you're running into an issue that needs a different solution, let me know and I'll see what can be done.

Hope this helps.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/