Error when dragging Section Editors....

8 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 14, 2010   (RSS)

By wbhood - April 7, 2010 - edited: April 7, 2010

I am working on my first install of CMS Builder, and have come across a problem that I can't seem to resolve.

When I click to drag a Section Editor, I get an IE error page. If I refresh that page, I get this message - no can't find schema file for table 'about_wcc_adm'.

If I add a Section Editor named About WCC Adm, I still get an error page, but when I refresh, some Section Editors will move, but some others will not move.

I did make the mistake early in my build of changing the name for the MySQL Table when editing a Section Editor. Instead of changing the name back, I edited the code that was in my page. The page worked fine. Thought I mention this in case it may be part of the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: [wbhood] Error when dragging Section Editors....

By Jason - April 7, 2010

Try changing the name back and see if that helps.

Let me know.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] Error when dragging Section Editors....

By wbhood - April 7, 2010

Hmmm. I don't remember which one I edited. I'll try to figure that out. That was about 50 pages ago.

Will let you know.

Thanks

By wbhood - April 7, 2010

Something seems to be out of sync somehow. I'm not sure what I did. I can't seem to find the file that I changed the MySQL Table name for. After trying to drag a Section Editor again, I got a different error message - no can't find schema file for table 'about_wcc_administration_' - and I tried to force adding a Section Editor that had that table name - about_wcc_administration_ - which is not a name I used since you can see the _ (underscore) at the end of the last word. When I tried to add About WCC Administration as the Section Editor name, then edited the table name to be about_wcc_administration_ I got a message saying that table name was already in use. There wasn't one there with that name.

One other thing to note. When working within that About WCC - Administration section, some of the Section Editor names were too long - in what I assume was too long for the MySQL Table to work. So I shortened them and then it let me save it. I'm wondering if it created some shortened version when the error appeared for that. ?? Just not sure what has caused this.

Maybe this information will help.

Thanks

Re: [Jason] Error when dragging Section Editors....

By wbhood - April 8, 2010 - edited: April 8, 2010

I have attached a PDF with that info. I also just now uploaded the table list from the db.

Thanks- Brent
Attachments:

cmsadmin.pdf 38K

cmdadmindb.pdf 8K

By Chris - April 9, 2010

Hi Brent,

Can you please fill out a Second Level Support Request so we can have a look and figure out what exactly is going on?

Please include your FTP information, as well as a URL to this forum thread in the comments field.

[url https://www.interactivetools.com/support/email_support_form.php]https://www.interactivetools.com/support/email_support_form.php[/url]

Thanks!
All the best,
Chris

Re: [chris] Error when dragging Section Editors....

By Chris - April 14, 2010

Hi Brent,

What version of Internet Explorer are you using? Could you try upgrading your browser to see if that fixes the issue?

I was able to move your sections around using the latest Firefox and IE; I suspect the problem might be a query length limit which earlier versions of IE had.

I'm working on a fix for CMS Builder so that older versions of IE will not have problems when drag-sorting lots of sections. If you're unable to update your browser for some reason, please let me know and I'll see if I can backport this fix for your site.

Also, if updating your browser doesn't fix things, please let me know.

Or if you have any questions. I hope this helps. :)
All the best,
Chris