Slide Show Pro Director

8 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 31, 2010   (RSS)

By Joseph - March 27, 2010

Hi, is anyone out there using slide show director to upload their images and create xml links to be used with slide show pro or are images being loaded directly into CMSB?

Joseph

Re: [gkornbluth] Slide Show Pro Director

By Joseph - March 29, 2010

thanks for this, which i had already seen. but really just wanted to know if anyone had used SS Director and whether or not they found it easier than loading directly into CMSB. i have played around with director and think i shall stick to upload directly into CMSB.

Thanks
Joseph

Re: [socanews] Slide Show Pro Director

By gkornbluth - March 29, 2010

I think that's a good plan.

One database, total control, no finger pointing if (when) issues arise.

Best,

Jerry
The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

Re: [gkornbluth] Slide Show Pro Director

absolutely.

one this i haven't been able to get my head around is the resizing of images. my website currently uses a 620x250 image which i would like to keep. do i just upload this size as normal and then adjust the settings for images to create my thumbnail? or would the system resize my original 620x250 image?

Joseph

By Donna - March 29, 2010

Hi Joseph,

CMS Builder can make thumbnail images of whatever size you want -- up to 5 different resized versions are available (the main image, plus 4 different thumbnails), you can set that up in the Section Editor by modifying the specific upload field you're using, under advanced options. :)
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com

Re: [Donna] Slide Show Pro Director

ok, cool.

a couple more questions on images.

1. most of the images i upload will be used time and time again, is there any way of creating a related link? for eg. if i add a picture of madonna to my article and wanted it to use her again in another article is there a way in the image field of just typing the word madonna which would return the results showing the picture already in the upload folder.

2. this second question is similar to the first but what i would like to do is create a gallery of images of one artists. so if i had 10images of madonna in my uploads folder a script would search and return results on madonna only to create a gallery of her images and would update automatically everytime a new image of Madonna was added.

i hope that all makes sense.

thanks
Joseph

By Dave - March 31, 2010

Hi Joseph,

1) No, unfortunately we don't have a any kind of shared media management features like that yet. It's on feature requests list though.

2) Not really, but you could create a viewer that searched the one or more of the upload info fields (eg: caption) to return all the images that matched a certain keyword such as "Madonna". The way to do that is to load records from the uploads table directly with getRecords().

Hope that helps! Let me know any other questions you have.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com