odd MySQL error message

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 8, 2010   (RSS)

By Deborah - March 7, 2010

After entering a new listing, I see the following popup error message when attempting to use dragSortOrder to reorder the list:

"Error: MySQL Error: Duplicate entry '11' for key 2"

After the error appears, if I refresh the pate, the record's position reverts back to where it started from. I've never seen this before and it doesn't seem to be happening with the drag/drop function for any other editors within this account.

Does anyone have an idea of what I should check into? I logged out/in of the account, but still have the same problem.

Deborah

Re: [Deborah] odd MySQL error message

By Deborah - March 7, 2010

I've since figured out the fix for myself, but I don't understand the cause of the issue.

I logged in to view the MySQL database, comparing the table throwing the error with another table with identical fields that was functioning correctly. I compared the working editor with the one that was not working, and the non-working table had an added row under "Indexes", with the Keyname "dragSortOrder". I deleted this row and was able to again dragsort as normal.

Attached is a screenshot from MySQL for the faulty editor. Just wondering if it was something I did while setting up my CMSB editor, or what could have caused this. (I had not manually edited the database previously.) Maybe a server glitch?

Deborah

Re: [Dave] odd MySQL error message

By Deborah - March 8, 2010

Dave, Thanks for the reply.

I guess this was an "anomaly" of sorts, because I don't even know HOW to manually create an index within a database. (Virtually zero database skills.) I just pieced together the clues that lead me to that difference between the two tables and deleted the obvious "extra".

Ah, well... all is good now. On to other challenges. [:)]

Deborah