I don't "get" CMS builder....

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 22, 2010   (RSS)

Re: [nacho] I don't "get" CMS builder....

By Donna - February 22, 2010

Hi Nacho!

Welcome to CMS Builder. :)

CMS Builder works quite a bit differently than Article Manager, so there's definitely a learning curve if you're used to other software. But, the flexibility that CMS Builder allows makes it worth it, we think. :)

In general, when you're setting up a site with EITHER program, there's a lot of web-developer-only work to do, that you wouldn't expect or want the end user to do. Creating & modifying templates, setting up sections/publish rules, etc ... that's all stuff that you would do anyway. Once the site it setup, that's it -- everything can be done through the back end.

To have your client adding new content based on an existing template you've already created, you would setup a multi-page section. They can then add as many different pages into that section as necessary. And once the basic site structure is setup the way you want, your client never needs to touch the HTML or code.

Take a look at the online demo as an example. We've setup a demo site that has a couple of single page sections (home & about) and a few more multi-page sections (news, services, etc). Unless you wanted to add an entirely new section, everything you need to do can be modified & added without having to touch the HTML. :)

http://demo2.interactivetools.com/

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. :)
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com