Won't Upload Files

8 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 16, 2010   (RSS)

By sidcam - January 8, 2010

I just migrated to a new host and then upgraded to 2.0 (after the migration).

System now won't handle uploads although everything else is working fine. Even very small (3k) files in sections that had worked previously (I'm testing using files already uploaded so sections setting are fine). When you try to upload a file, the Upload File pop up window resets itself to the "Welcome to CMS Builder" screen (within a screen) and you have to refresh the screen to get back to a workable page. Also, the larger the file trying to be uploaded, the longer it takes to time out to that screen.

The permissions for the cmsAdmin Upload folder is set to 777 as are the thumbnail folders. I've also tried to save to a different folder but get the same results. The server upload limits within the Admin section are:

file_uploads: Enabled max_input_time: 60 post_max_size: 100M upload_max_filesize: 100M file_uploads: Enabled max_input_time: 60 post_max_size: 100M upload_max_filesize: 100M file_uploads: Enabled max_input_time: 60 post_max_size: 100M upload_max_filesize: 100M

file_uploads: Enabled

max_innput_time: 60

post_max_size: 100m

upload_max_filesize: 100m

So, what have I done wrong?

Sid

Re: [sidcam] Won't Upload Files

By Donna - January 8, 2010

Hi sidcam!

Could I get you to fill out a 2nd level request? I think that might be something I'd need to look at closer. :)

https://www.interactivetools.com/support/email_support_form.php
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com

Re: [Donna] Won't Upload Files

By sidcam - January 16, 2010

Just curious if there was any update as to why I can't upload anything to my installation? I see you upgraded the site to the most current version but the problem still occurs.

By Donna - January 18, 2010

Hi there,

I've been working with one of our developers on this, and will have a response for you today. Thanks for your patience. :)
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com

Re: [Donna] Won't Upload Files

By sidcam - February 9, 2010

It's been a month and I've never heard a response back as to why I can't upload files. It's causing quite a problem as my site went live in January but development to finish it is on hold since I can't upload my initial content.

I just updated the site to 2.02 to see if the problem was fixed and no one told me. However the problem is still there. Now a status bar goes through the upload percentages before an "Upload Details" window pops up and says, "No matching uploads were found". If you click on save CMS Builder then brings up the "Welcome to CMS Builder v2.02" screen in the pop up window forcing you to refresh the screen.

Are there any server settings at my host that I can just change?

Thanks in advance for the help

Sid

By sidcam - February 9, 2010

Let me also add, I just tried this from the FireFox browser and it behaved slightly different than with the IE browser.

After the load bar finishes, FireFox first brings up a small pop up window that says. "The page at http://www.mysite.com says: Please login again. -OK-

Then when you click OK it brings up the screens IE brings up (already referenced).

My client is a typical Win Vista machine. I can not upgrade to Win 7 at this time but I do have an XP box I'll try to troubleshoot with later to see if it's a client side issue. I have turned off Norton Firewall and Anti-Virus but the program behaves the same.

Sid Cameron

By Dave - February 9, 2010

Hi sid,

Any time it's been more than a few days and you haven't heard a response please feel free to check-back in the forum, phone, or email us. Obviously something got lost in the shuffle.

Can you email me direct and dave@interactivetools.com and send me your ticket-number from your support request or some server details? I'll take a look and see what the issue might be.

Thanks!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com