Empty line between two news items

6 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 12, 2010   (RSS)

By Hansaardappel - February 11, 2010

Hi,

I'm having this tiny problem, that i would like to have fixed though. I've made a section named news, of which I only want to post the titles of the news items at my front page. This all goes well, except for the way it turns out at my site.

What I would like to see is:
* item 1
* item 2
* item 3

The result I get is:
* item 1

* item 2

* item 3

Perhaps I'm an idiot for not figuring out myself, but how do I fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Re: [Donna] Empty line between two news items

By Hansaardappel - February 11, 2010 - edited: February 11, 2010

Hi Donna,

This is the HTML in the news section "<p><span style="font-size: xx-small;"><strong>feb 02:</strong> </span><a href="/niks.php"><span style="font-size: xx-small;">Slechte weersverwachtingen houden aan</span></a></p>" (I didn't write this HTML code myself, since I use your WYSIWYG option)

I noticed the <p> and </p> tags, but removing them is not an option, because they automatically get back as soon as I edit my news item again.

Re: [Hansaardappel] Empty line between two news items

By zip222 - February 12, 2010

My guess is that the extra space is actually margins or padding being applied by your browser as part of its default styles for <p> tags. Have you tried modifying the css to see if you can get it to go away?

A simple way to test if this is the case would be to change the <p> to the following:

<p style="margin:0;padding:0;">

*not that I am endorsing inline styles

Re: [zip222] Empty line between two news items

By Hansaardappel - February 12, 2010

Hi,

Thanks for the provided help, but I figured out what caused the problem myself. It was the WYSIWYG editor. I changed it to a textfield and that did give me the option to remove the <p> </p> tags.

Thanks again!

Re: [Hansaardappel] Empty line between two news items

By Donna - February 12, 2010

Hi Hans!

You've got it -- fields that you don't want to have additional HTML in, you definitely want to have that as a text field, rather than a WYSIWYG. Summary fields, title fields, etc... these are all much better as text fields. :)
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com