Problem after reinstall.

12 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 17, 2010   (RSS)

My installation of CMS Builder has been working great - until the server we were hosted on got hacked. The server was wiped clean of all files, but fortunately the database was left untouched. I reinstalled my site - and CMS Builder - but my installation shows nothing, although it connects to the database and I can see all the tables in the database through PHPMyAdmin and if I try recreating one of my editors using the name of an existing one I get the "Name already in use" message.

What should I do to connect to the dtatbase?

Re: [Bassman] Problem after reinstall.

By Donna - February 10, 2010

Hi Bassman!

We spoke on the phone, but if you haven't already, fill out a support request and we can take a look at that a little closer:

https://www.interactivetools.com/support/email_support_form.php
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com

Re: [Donna] Problem after reinstall.

I've done that. Donna. Hope to have a suggestion soon :)

By Dave - February 11, 2010

It sounds like you are missing your schema files from /cmsAdmin/data/schema/. Do you have a backup of those? If so try re-uploading them.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Problem after reinstall.

No I don't unfortunately, Dave. What now?

Re: [Dave] Problem after reinstall.

Thanks Dave,
Yes, I understand the process. I have already restored one section of our site, thank you! The rest is going to be a hard slog but I know what to do and most of the rest will be pretty easy because most of the other schemas will almost identical.

Dave, I do have another problem: When re-uploading photos that got deleted with the rest of the site (through the Admin section) I get this error:
Temp Upload dir '/var/virtual/webupload/' does't exist! Ask server admin to check 'upload_tmp_dir' setting in php.ini.

What have I missed?

Any idea?

By Dave - February 15, 2010

Hi Bassman,

It sounds like the temporary upload directory that PHP uses to receive uploads doesn't exist. Try creating it if possible or ask your server admin or web host to check the 'upload_tmp_dir' setting in php.ini and let them know you can't upload files through PHP.

Let me know how it goes.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com