Collapsible groups of fields in section editor

3 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 16, 2010   (RSS)

By gkornbluth - February 4, 2010

Hi all,

Collapsible menus are really great for organizing a list of related sections and minimizing confusion and clutter in a section list.

Is there any way to implement that same type of approach in the section editor itself (collapsing groups and sub groups of fields under various separators) for the benefit of the users.

The specific example that prompted this is a membership section that has a number of personal information fields (to be filled in by the membership committee) and a number of accounting information fields (to be filled in by the treasurer).

2 main collapsible groups would help for the above.

In addition, the treasurer now sees a series of sub groups of fields for each year. It would be great if collapsible sub groups could be created for each year.

Another item on my wish list to remove clutter would be the ability to place fields next to each other in the editor instead of just under each other. (I'm thinking of things like Last name, First name, and Middle Initial fields, etc.)

Thanks,

Jerry Kornbluth
The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

Re: [gkornbluth] Collapsible groups of fields in section editor

By hordak - February 16, 2010

Hey Jerry,

I am looking for the exact same thing! I'd like to give my content editors the chance to add a field dynamically. Honestly, I'd be happy with a "messages" popup similar to the "uploads" field.

Anyway, if I find a way to do it, I'll post.