Detail Display

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 5, 2010   (RSS)

By JLynne77 - February 3, 2010 - edited: February 3, 2010

I have a perplexing situation. I'm using pretty much the same code from section to section, right from the code generator, to view detail pages. Some sections show all the detail pages, some show some of the detail pages but not all, and one doesn't show any of them. All the non-showing pages are generating 404 errors. I've checked to make sure the records are actually there. I can't find a difference between the detail pages that show up and the ones that don't.

From the working section, I have (abbreviated code):

<?php header('Content-type: text/html; charset=utf-8'); ?>
<?php

require_once "/home/carco1/cmsAdmin/lib/viewer_functions.php"; list($hr_solutionsRecords, $hr_solutionsMetaData) = getRecords(array(
'tableName' => 'hr_solutions',
'where' => whereRecordNumberInUrl(1),
'limit' => '1',
));
$hr_solutionsRecord = @$hr_solutionsRecords[0]; // get first record

// show error message if no matching record is found
if (!$hr_solutionsRecord) {
header("HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found");
print "Record not found!";
exit;
}

?>
<title><?php echo $hr_solutionsRecord['title'] ?></title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<meta name="description" content="<?php echo $hr_solutionsRecord['meta_description'] ?>" />
<meta name="keywords" content="<?php echo $hr_solutionsRecord['meta_keywords'] ?>" />
<?php echo $hr_solutionsRecord['description'] ?>

For the section that shows some detail pages, but not all, I have (abbreviated code):

<?php

require_once "/home/carco1/cmsAdmin/lib/viewer_functions.php"; list($about_usRecords, $about_usMetaData) = getRecords(array(
'tableName' => 'about_us',
'limit' => '1',
));
$about_usRecord = @$about_usRecords[0]; // get first record

if (!$about_usRecord) {
exit;
}

?>
<title><?php echo $about_usRecord['title'] ?></title>
<meta name="description" content="<?php echo $about_usRecord['meta_description'] ?>" />
<meta name="keywords" content="<?php echo $about_usRecord['meta_keywords'] ?>" />
<?php echo $about_usRecord['description'] ?>

<?php

require_once "/home/carco1/cmsAdmin/lib/viewer_functions.php"; list($investigative_solutionsRecords, $investigative_solutionsMetaData) = getRecords(array(
'tableName' => 'investigative_solutions',
'limit' => '1',
));
$investigative_solutionsRecord = @$investigative_solutionsRecords[0]; // get first record

if (!$investigative_solutionsRecord) {
exit;
}

?>
<title><?php echo $investigative_solutionsRecord['title'] ?></title>
<meta name="description" content="<?php echo $investigative_solutionsRecord['meta_description'] ?>" />
<meta name="keywords" content="<?php echo $investigative_solutionsRecord['meta_keywords'] ?>" />
<?php echo $investigative_solutionsRecord['description'] ?>

These pages all worked fine before adding those areas noted in the code to integrate CMS. As static content, they display normal. They are all pulling the record from the URL using: product_id_sku=(product number here) after a 'filename.php?' in the URL.

As far as I can tell, they all have the same settings in the Section Editor.

Is there something I'm missing here?
-----
~Jessica Sullivan, Crystal Realm Designs.

Re: [Duches77] Detail Display

By Chris - February 3, 2010

Hi Duches77,

There's nothing I can see in your code which might be causing this problem. I'm wondering if the problem could be caused by the whereRecordNumberInUrl() function and the URLs you're using. Do you have some example URLs of working and 404 pages?
All the best,
Chris

Re: [Duches77] Detail Display

By Chris - February 5, 2010

Hi Duches77,

Ahh, I see what's going on. You'll want to remove these lines from your viewers:

The whereRecordNumberInUrl function is meant to work with the default detail viewer urls (e.g. "articleDetails.php?my-article-title-3".) It looks for a number at the end of the URL and uses that to look up the record number (i.e. num field.)

You're using another field to reference records (product_id_sku), which is perfectly fine, but you'll need to get rid of the whereRecordNumberInUrl filter.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions.

P.S. The reason your first two links were working was coincidental: RC01 has num=1, and AU02 has num=2!
All the best,
Chris

Re: [chris] Detail Display

By JLynne77 - February 5, 2010

Thanks so much, Chris! That was exactly it.
-----
~Jessica Sullivan, Crystal Realm Designs.