Website Membership v1.01 Released

By (Deleted User) - February 1, 2010

Dave,

Do you have instructions for the Website Membership plugin that cover how to integrate with Paypal, 2Checkout, or other services for a paid membership section? Will the plugin handle different payment lengths, ie. monthly, semiannual, annual, etc. as well as the expiration date of the membership to control access?

Thanks

Re: [pchell] Website Membership v1.01 Released

By Dave - February 1, 2010

Hi pchell,

We don't have anything for tying into payment gateways yet but we're considering something like that for the future (likely as a separate plugin)

And there's no default expiry date but that can easily be added using the same expiry mechanism as CMSB and we can provide instructions for that on request.

The main features of the Website Membership plugin are the user sign-up, password reminder, login, edit your profile, user specific content, and login only content.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By creativodigital - February 2, 2010

hi dave/itools

firstly thanks for releasing this plugin really looks like it has a lot of potential! (put my name down for the paypal wishlist too - if this were integrated either in this script or another plugin it really would be a great addition and very useful in a number of projects!)

i would like to be copied or informed via email when a new user signs up and a new user account is added but i cannot see anywhere in the instructions to add this facility?

could you advise on how to set this up?

i would also like to make it so that when new users signup via the signup.php form the account expires in X number of days rather than never or a set date

i can see i need to edit the line in signup.php

expiresDate = '0000-00-00 00:00:00',

with some form of now()+x days statement but wondered if you could confirm the code needed?

best regards and looking forward to see how this plugin develops! [:)]

Re: [alissi] Website Membership v1.01 Released

By Dave - February 2, 2010

Hi alissi,

Do you just want it to BCC you when new users sign up?

If so, open websiteMemebership.php, scroll to the bottom and add this code in red:

$mailResult = @mail($to, $subject, $message, "From: {$SETTINGS['adminEmail']}\r\nBCC: you@example.com");
if (!$mailResult) { die("Mail Error: $php_errormsg"); }

Then create a new test user account to ensure it's working.

Next, you can set the expiry date like this:
expiresDate = NOW() + INTERVAL 30 DAY,
or
expiresDate = NOW() + INTERVAL 1 MONTH,

Also note that by the expiry date currently only affects CMS login access. So to restrict website access you'll need to add a line of code. Let me know if you need that.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

hi dave, thanks ever so much for the great support as always!

setting the expiry date works perfectly!!

re the bcc:

$mailResult = @mail($to, $subject, $message, "From: {$SETTINGS['adminEmail']}\r\nBCC: you@example.com");
if (!$mailResult) { die("Mail Error: $php_errormsg"); }

does not blind copy me, nothing comes through (i tried with a couple of accounts to make sure it wasnt my email account)

i guess this could be a server issue thats not allowing me to bcc? do you know of a work around?

and yes if you could supply the code so that the website access is a matched expiry as per the cms admin access that would be much appreciated

thanks very much!!!

i just set this up on another installation of cmsbuilder on a different server to test and the bcc code does not work there either...

By Donna - February 2, 2010

This is one of those "well, we have to check" things, but ... did you change the "you@example.com" to your own email address? :)
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com

Re: [Donna] Website Membership v1.01 Released

By creativodigital - February 3, 2010

hi donna

yes i tried it with a few different email addresses i have to make sure it wasnt a problem with my email address but still no blind copy was received anywhere... i also tried bcc, Cc, cc etc and no joy..

its pretty important for us as we intend to allow the public to sign up for an account and post listings into cmsbuilder and then onto the site after our review/approval (a seperate approved field will display these listings on the site) so the email will save us entering the system if there are no new members to approve, allow us to approve listing a lot quicker when they are submitted and keep track of things a lot easier etc...

will wait for your advice [;)]

many thanks!