Searching advice

5 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 2, 2010   (RSS)

By rui - January 30, 2010 - edited: January 31, 2010

Hi from Portugal,

I don´t have CMS Buillder, but i´m very interest in our CMS.

I have a video website like youtube style and we are going to start to make the second version of the site, and we are thinking using CMS builder, so i´m here to ask you if CMS builder is the best solution for us.

The web site will have:

- "x" number of categories of videos
- a video can be place in 2 or more categories
- Creation of users
- Users can send videos
- Users can create channels
- Sheathing videos and users
- Videos have user comments
- channels have user comments
- Top videos

The site has 1.5 m unique visitor a month, its advice to use cms builder in big traffic sites?

These are the main features of the site, of course i know cms builder don't do 100% of these things we want, but it would be a very big help if cms builder makes 80% and we did the rest.

What you think?

P.S. - yes, i know, my English is terrible, sorry

Re: [gkornbluth] Searching advice

By flamerz - January 30, 2010

I think you will need A LOT of custom code. But does not matter wich CMS you get.

IMHO you should start searching a php framework that suit your needs.

I use various CMS, and CMS builder is my favourite (easy, fast and powerful), but i think you will not get 80% directly with any cms.

Tell us what you choose and how you do... i hope you will get some more feedbacks here.

By rui - January 31, 2010

tks for the reply.

Well, i´m a little confuse, if i use a framework i will basically have to do 80% hard-coded and will take much more time to complete.

I like CMS Builder because it seams easy and i can complete 80% of the site. But you say most part of the site i will have to do hard code.

So, is CMS Builder is nice solution for me?

tks
Rui

Re: [rui] Searching advice

By Chris - February 2, 2010

Hi rui,

I think CMS Builder will probably get you pretty far, but a site like this is going to need a lot of customization.

I believe our Website Membership and Website Favourites Add Ons will help a lot with user management and comments.

Please note that we have a consulting service which is capable of doing any customization you might want. Typically our consulting teams work with web designers to build complete websites. We have also worked with other web developers, building them custom plugins which they can use to make their own development much easier.

Please let me know if you're interested in hiring us to work on this project for you.

P.S. What do you mean by "sheathing" videos and users? I'm not familiar with the term.
All the best,
Chris