two or more editable regions

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 14, 2010   (RSS)

By vyskocil - January 9, 2010

I have a page that I have two editable regions in the right hand column. When I try to add a third in the body the entire page will not come up. I am sure something to do with the php in the code but just cannot figure out what it is. I guess I am not sure why it works in the right hand column but not the main body. Any ideas?

to look at the page I am talking about http://shetek.org/2-4grade.php this will show the two right column CMS regions and I just put the text in the body where I tried to add another.

Re: [vyskocil] two or more editable regions

By Dave - January 10, 2010

Hi vyskocil,

Can you attach the viewer that works and the one that doesn't to this thread so we can take a look?

Thanks!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] two or more editable regions

By vyskocil - January 10, 2010

Thanks Dave

attached are the two files. the 2-4grade.php has the viewers in the right hand column that are working. the 2-4-2grade.php is the same file but with an additional viewer added in the body section. both files are currently uploaded to the webiste.

Jerry
Attachments:

2-4grade.php 5K

2-4-2grade.php 7K

Re: [vyskocil] two or more editable regions

By Dave - January 11, 2010

Hi Jerry,

I see the problem. Tablenames (or rather variable names) aren't allowed to start with a number. We've added some error checking for this in the latest version (2.01).

The easiest fix is to replace all instances of this:
$2_4_grade

with this:
$a2_4_grade

Can you try a search and replace for that and let me know if it fixes it? Thanks!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com