Image upload error - can't write to disk

3 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 8, 2010   (RSS)

By ScottL - January 7, 2010 - edited: January 7, 2010

I'm having a problem uploading images now, but it worked fine in the past.

Error saving 'filename.jpg', can't write to disk (could be disk full or permissions).

I know the disk is not full and the permissions have not changed.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

UPDATE: It was a host issue. They changed something and uploads are working fine.

Re: [thinkng] Image upload error - can't write to disk

By Deborah - April 8, 2010 - edited: April 8, 2010

Just thought I'd post to this thread, because I experienced the same issue today with a CMSB installation with which I'd not have previous problems. Error message: "Error saving 'filename.jpg', can't write to disk (could be disk full or permissions)".

My hosting service discovered that the shared temp directory was full (this is a shared hosting account). Apparently, another site on the server had designated their temp directory incorrectly for an application and as a result, had filled the shared temp directory for the server (thus the "disk full" message in CMSB).

To prevent future occurrences, my hosting service changed my php.ini file to write all temp files to the specific directory for this account.

On a sidenote: I'm glad that CMSB provided that helpful automated message. If the upload simply wasn't successful, I might not have been able to communicate the issue as easily to the hosting company.

Deborah