Feeling Stupid, how do I make duplicate/copy data records?

6 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 7, 2010   (RSS)

By Codee - January 2, 2010 - edited: January 5, 2010

PLEASE forgive me but I can't find this option in the current version of CMSB and I know it's in one or two of the older ones:

Client needs to be able to make a duplicate record entry. Many of their records use almost the same data over and over, just need to change the title and date so it'd be much faster to use a record copy command.

I have looked in the global settings, advanced settings in section editor, etc. and simply can't find this ability or the ability to turn it on/off if it exists.

Maybe the previous versions had a custom command put in?

Thanks in advance!

Re: [gkornbluth] Feeling Stupid, how do I make duplicate/copy data records?

By Codee - January 3, 2010

Thanks Jerry!

Re: [gkornbluth] Feeling Stupid, how do I make duplicate/copy data records?

By Codee - January 4, 2010

Actually, this hack that Dave wrote (listed at
http://www.interactivetools.com/forum/gforum.cgi?post=64737#64737)

would need to be customized to drop it in to the current version of CMSB.

Dave and Co., isn't this a feature that should be considered a part of the script?

Re: [equinox69] Feeling Stupid, how do I make duplicate/copy data records?

By Chris - January 5, 2010

Hi equinox69,

It's on our wish list of features we'd like to add, but as Dave mentions, it doesn't support uploads or all the field types as written. Making it work in all cases might take a considerable amount of time.

In short, yes, we're considering it. :)
All the best,
Chris

Re: [chris] Feeling Stupid, how do I make duplicate/copy data records?

By Codee - January 7, 2010

Thanks for the reply Chris. From a webmastering view I wouldn't expect it to copy uploaded photos or attachments...that would be one of the main areas that would differentiate for most sites and classified type sites, I would think. If that's the main issue I'd recommend adding the feature but noting that it copies the record only as far as the main table data fields go. It would still save users doing multiple like- record entries quite a bit of time on the average. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks!