WYSIWYG Tables

8 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 31, 2009   (RSS)

By jtedescojam - December 29, 2009

After "Inserting a Table".. I am prompted for the table properties... rows, columns, height, etc.. etc...

How on earth, after I create the table... do I delete it? Remove a Row? Remove a column? These are grayed out, when going back into 'modify table'.

PS - I can do this in the html manually, and if it were up to me, I wouldn't allow the client to create tables this way, because they look terrible and need the classes to be applied very carefully... but this is what my client wants. Please assist.
John Tedesco

Creative Director

JAM Graphics

Re: [jtedescojam] WYSIWYG Tables

By Donna - December 30, 2009

Hi there!

Click on the table borders until it looks like it's selected (the "drag & drop" squares should appear, but the contents of the table itself should not be highlighted.) Then, right click, and choose "Delete Table".

That should do it! :)
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com

Re: [Donna] WYSIWYG Tables

By jtedescojam - December 30, 2009

Thanks Donna... it doesn't allow me to alter the column/row structure however.
John Tedesco

Creative Director

JAM Graphics

By Donna - December 30, 2009

That same menu where you can see the "Delete Table" option when you right click on it also has some others -- including the table properties (where you can re-edit the initial settings), and some individual cell & row options. Click those menus to see the other options available. :)
Donna

--

Re: [Donna] WYSIWYG Tables

see attached.. when I do that, the rows and columns are grayed out.
John Tedesco

Creative Director

JAM Graphics

Re: [Damon] WYSIWYG Tables

yeah I can't get this to work on a mac with only one mouse button... even the 'control-click' doesn't give me what you're showing. I haven't tested on a PC yet.
John Tedesco

Creative Director

JAM Graphics

By Donna - December 31, 2009

Hi there,

It looks like that was done on purpose. :) Take a look at this thread in the TinyMCE forums for a way to fix the context menus so they show up with a control click:

http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?pid=67301
Donna

--