Moving CMS Builder - MySQL issue

8 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 29, 2009   (RSS)

By April2 - December 29, 2009

Hi, I'm moving my sites to a new server and have checked out instructions here: http://www.interactivetools.com/forum/gforum.cgi?post=75322#75322

I'm to the point of re-installing, but I keep getting this error message: Error connecting to MySQL:
Access denied for user 'fbwire'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I thought that I had everything matched back up correctly, but obviously something isn't. I can't tell what though.

Can anyone offer some insight?

Thanks,
April

Re: [April2] Moving CMS Builder - MySQL issue

Ok, I got CMSB reinstalled and the "require_once" path changed on all pages so the site is up again. Now my issue is getting all my records back into CMSB. What items do I need to change in the database and what's the best way to go about doing that?

April2:

Actually its fairly simple and has been documented in previous posts, but here goes:

Copy the files in cmsAdmin/data/schema to the same location on your new server. If you have already created an account for CMSB, then don't copy _accesslist.ini.php and accesslist.ini.php as it has your login credentials from the original install. Or you can copy them and all your old accounts will be re-initialized. Ensure permissions are set to 666.

When you login to your new install, select Admin --> Sections. The new tables will be created in your instantiation of mySQL.

That's it!
[cool]
--
northernpenguin
Northern Penguin Technologies

"Any sufficiently advanced technology
is indistinguishable from magic."
........Arthur C. Clarke

Re: [northernpenguin] Moving CMS Builder - MySQL issue

Northernpenguin:

Thanks for your response. I'm still a bit confused. I have the cmsAdmin/data/schema files copied over. I changed the permissions like you said to _accesslist.ini.php.

All of the sections are showing up. That's not a problem, but the records in the sections (all the content) isn't there. Is there something I need to do to the MySQL database?

Sorry, I assumed you had already done that!

Depending upon the version of CMSB you have, you can either use the CMSB backup/restore capability or use phpMyAdmin.

I usually use phpMyAdmin to backup all my data then restore it to the new site. Again, be careful which tables you backup/restore. Make sure you only backup the data you want moved.

[:)]
--
northernpenguin
Northern Penguin Technologies

"Any sufficiently advanced technology
is indistinguishable from magic."
........Arthur C. Clarke

Re: [northernpenguin] Moving CMS Builder - MySQL issue

Yeah, I've already restored the database. I'm thinking that my issue is with table prefixes. When I moved servers it made a new prefix for them. It appears that it has the old and the new ones in the database. I was hoping that there was some way to get it to fix itself. I may just have to do this the hard way and go through the database file and figure out where each part needs to be changed [:/]

Re: [Donna] Moving CMS Builder - MySQL issue

Donna, you're a genius, lady! I looked at that file earlier and the idea didn't cross my mind. You must have uttered some magic words because it finally clicked.

I've never felt so dumb, yet relieved in my life.

Thank you!