Section within a section

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 18, 2009   (RSS)

By pothompson - December 18, 2009

I don't think this is currently possible but if it is then I'd be grateful if somebody could let me know how.

I think it would be great functionality within CMS Builder to have 'child section', i.e. sections that are specific to their parent sections and can be accessed only from those sections.

I'll try and give an example. I have a website for a hotel that offers conferencing facilities. I've created a CMS Builder controlled page for the conference facilities but have a rate table on that page that I'd also like to be CMS controlled. I can create this as a WYSIWYG control and risk the client breaking the layout (it's in an HTMLtable), or can create a seperate section for 'Conference Rates' so that they use one section to control all of the text and images on the page and the other to control the rates table. It would be useful to be able to have access to the rates section within the main conference section so that they seemingly only have to CMS control one section.

Hopefully this makes sense and if it's currently possible then please let me know how. If it's not, then could it be a possibility for a future release?

Thanks, Paul.

Re: [pothompson] Section within a section

By Chris - December 18, 2009

Hi Paul,

That's a really great usage case. I've wanted to add a feature like this for a while now. Hopefully we can solve this in a future release.

Just to be sure, you were able to get everything working, right? Please let me know if you have any questions.
All the best,
Chris