Strange Behavior in Windows 7

6 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 21, 2009   (RSS)

By (Deleted User) - December 17, 2009

I am running version 2.0 and have experienced the following behaviors in Windows 7:

1) I am forced to repeatedly login when doing anything within the admin section.

2) Sometimes rather than save a change to a field I receive a popup window of HTML code instead and it will take several attempts to actually add the field.

On the Windows 7 system I tried Google Chrome and IE 8. Same behavior occurred in both. I could not reproduce this behavior in XP on either Chrome, Firefox, or IE.

Re: [cohagan] Strange Behavior in Windows 7

By Dave - December 17, 2009

Hi cohagan,

Are you running any anti-virus or similar programs on your Windows 7 machine that could be removing your cookies? If so try temporarily disabling it.

Login information is stored in a single session cookie so if that gets removed then it would automatically ask you to log in again.

Let me know what you find out, if that's not it we'll keep trying.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Strange Behavior in Windows 7

By (Deleted User) - December 17, 2009

I thought the same thing. However its a brand new notebook and installation of Windows 7 with no virus scanner.

Also, I checked both Google Chrome and IE8 and they allow cookies.

Just to be absolutely sure what is the session cookie name?

Re: [cohagan] Strange Behavior in Windows 7

By Chris - December 18, 2009 - edited: December 18, 2009

EDIT: It's the value of "cookiePrefix" in settings.dat.php plus "_PHPSESSID". That value is randomly chosen when the software is installed.
All the best,
Chris

Re: [chris] Strange Behavior in Windows 7

By (Deleted User) - December 21, 2009

Defintely had to do with the cookie. Not sure which security setting I had to turn off as I was not very systematic. However, the cookie is there now and no more bad behaviour.

Thanks for the excellent service.