Help - Upgraded and now Section Editors are missing

5 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 6, 2009   (RSS)

By (Deleted User) - December 6, 2009

Hello,

I was excited to upgrade to the latest 2.00 version of cmsBuilder from my previous 1.3.6.

I backed up the old cmsBuilder and the database.

All the details in the settings.dat.php are the same (Except the obvious version and template details for the new cms.)

Now when I log in, the cms loads (And very nice it is too) but the Section Editors are not listed - the user accounts are however.

I have checked the database using PhpMyAdmin and everything is still as was in the database.

Also when going to a page on the site I get getRecords(guided_tour): Couldn't load schema for 'guided_tour'! error.
(guided_tour is a section)

Any ideas?
Thanks Jono

Re: [rconring] Help - Upgraded and now Section Editors are missing

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the advice - I tried clearing the cache and also trying on Safari but the Section Editors aren't showing in either.

I have also checked and the permissions have been set correctly too.

Thanks Jono

Re: [jonoc73] Help - Upgraded and now Section Editors are missing

By Dave - December 6, 2009

Hi Jono,

If your schema files don't exist in /data/schema/ can you re-upload them from your backup?

When you upload folders does your FTP program erase the old folders first? We want to make sure it upload or updates files, but doesn't erase old files that are already there.

Let me know if that fixes it.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Help - Upgraded and now Section Editors are missing

Hi Dave,

Yep - my fault I deleted the old cmsAdmin from the remote server and re-installed the new version - something I shouldn't have done!

I uploaded the backup version of the schema and hey presto it works. the new admin panel is GREAT by the way - look really good.

Jono