Can I update tinymce?

9 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 6, 2009   (RSS)

By (Deleted User) - November 29, 2009

Hello,

The version of tinymce on cmsbuilder is rather old. There are lots of nice new features in the 3.2.7 version. The current version included with cmsbuilder is 2.1 which as the license included in the tinymce folder says it's 10 years old!

I have uploaded the new version with my fingers crossed but it's just blank on the editor. Should I update anything on cmsbuilder?

Also, have you had any experience with the tinymce plugin MCImageManager as that looks amazing and just what many of my clients are asking for??

Thansk Jono

Re: [jonoc73] Can I update tinymce?

By Damon - November 30, 2009

Hi,

The version of tinymce on cmsbuilder is rather old. There are lots of nice new features in the 3.2.7 version. The current version included with cmsbuilder is 2.1 which as the license included in the tinymce folder says it's 10 years old!

The current version of CMS Builder (1.36) is using tinyMCE version 3.2.6 (Released 2009-08-19). In the CMS Builder changelog you can see how frequently new version of TinyMCE have been added:
http://www.interactivetools.com/products/cmsbuilder/changelog.html The latest version of TinyMCE will probably be added in the next or following release of CMS Builder.

The date in the license file included with TinyMCE reflects the license date, not the date of the latest version of the tinyMCE software.

Also, have you had any experience with the tinymce plugin MCImageManager as that looks amazing and just what many of my clients are asking for??

I haven't ever tried it so I'm not sure of it's features or what is required to set it up. Just remember to backup any files you edit so that if anything breaks, you can roll back to the working version.
Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Damon] Can I update tinymce?

By (Deleted User) - November 30, 2009

Thanks for confirming the date Damon - I downloaded the updated tinymce and replaced the current version with it - but when i go to a cmsbuilder edit screen wysiwyg is just blank - can you think of any key things i would need to change?

Thanks Jono

Re: [jonoc73] Can I update tinymce?

By Damon - December 3, 2009

Hi Jono,

The best thing I can suggest is to restore the default version of TinyMCE that was included with the software.

CMS Builder includes 3.2.6 and we will l probably be updating TinyMCE to the latest version in an upcoming release.

What features in TinyMCE were you wanting to add?
Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Damon] Can I update tinymce?

By (Deleted User) - December 3, 2009

Hi Damon,

The MCImageManager looks fantastic and is exactly what my client is after.

http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/plugins_imagemanager.php

You can upload images and use them across the site, re-size and crop images online and if tinymce is updated I bet it will work really well in cmsBuilder.

Thanks Jono

Can I update tinymce? - Yes you can!

By (Deleted User) - December 6, 2009

I thought I'd let everyone know I have successfully updated the tiny_mce to the latest version 3.2.7 which was released on 22nd Sept 09 - it was simple - just downloaded the latest version and uploaded it.

Because I have the latest tiny_mce version I can now use the purchased ImageManager plugin.

It was a bit of a pain to customize ImageManager but I am so pleased I did it.

I can now upload images, see all the files using thumbnails, use the same images across the site, re-size and crop them and then include them in my posts - ALL within cmsBuilder - my clients are gonna love this!

Re: [jonoc73] Can I update tinymce? - Yes you can!

By videopixel - December 6, 2009

Very interesting jonoc73!

specially the use of ImageManager!

Is it really difficult to customize this plugin to work with CMSB?

Re: [videopixel] Can I update tinymce? - Yes you can!

By (Deleted User) - December 6, 2009

Well I am no coder and I have figured it out - tiny_mce have a good forum and lots of the questions have been answered.

I'm currently stuck on making the IM default to a certain image folder. As it stands now I am using a folder within the IM folder - not ideal but I am able to upload new images, crop/resize and add them to any cmsbuilder page. It's great to finally see thumbnails and be able to add images previously uploaded without needing to remember the url!

The IM is a purchased plugin but I was confident it would work - especially as I had upgraded the tiny_mce plugin. Oh and that was after i updated to cmsBuilder v2.0!! Well i thought I may as well do it all in one go...

Jono