CMSB v2.00 Beta 2: Signup & Feedback thread

9 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 4, 2009   (RSS)

• Archived  

By Dave - December 1, 2009

Hi everyone,

We have our second beta release of v2.00 ready (previously called 1.37). As suggested by some of the forum community we've bumped the version number up to 2.0 to reflect the massive changes to the look and feel of the product.

This will hopefully be the last beta before release. So if you find any remaining issues please post here. Otherwise we'll be releasing this in a few days.

Here's a recap of the changes:

The main focus of this release is a complete redesign of the admin menus. It's very modern web 2.0ish and includes multiple color themes.

There also some other fixes and changes - here's the changelog (new items since beta 1 in red)

NEW FEATURES
- User Interface: we've completely redesigned and updated the user interface

MINOR CHANGES
- User Interface: interface color can now be changed under: Admin > General > Color / Theme (Blue, Green or Red)
- Editors: Users with "Editor" access can now change owners of a record (also called "Created By" user)
- Editors: Text field descriptions can now contain PHP code
- Editor: Added Advanced Command: "Admin: Code Generator" to jump to Code Generator
- Password Reminder: Added support for non-English characters in the subject line

- Plugin System: Plugins can now be organized in subdirectories under the /plugins/ directory
- Field Editor: Header separators now show the header message instead of "--- separator ---" in the field list
- Errors: The database down error page now sends a 503 "Service Temporarily Unavailable" so search engines will retry later

BUG FIXES
- Field Editor: Made 'page' a reserved fieldname (rename existing 'page' fields if needed)
- Field Editor: Fixed Input Validation: Allow/Disallow characters
- Admin: Disk Space now displays "Unavailable" instead of "Value too large for defined data type" error on unsupported servers
- Database Settings: Increased mysql connect timeout from 3 to 6 seconds to support sometimes slow database servers

If you're not already on the beta tester email list and you'd like to help beta test (you must own at least 1 CMSB license) please email me at dave@interactivetools.com and I'll add you to the list.

I'll be sending a download link to the list shortly. And if you have any questions, suggestions, etc feel free to post!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] CMSB v2.00 Beta 2: Signup & Feedback thread

• Archived  

By rconring - December 1, 2009

Dave ...

I just uploaded the new 2.0 build 2 to my test site, overwriting the latest 1.37 version. All seems to work fine in IE, but the category menus do not expand in FireFox (Latest version). The submenu items that show work fine ... the menu will not expand and collapse. Any idea why?
Ron Conring
Conring Automation Services
----------------------------------------
Software for Business and Industry Since 1987

Re: [rconring] CMSB v2.00 Beta 2: Signup & Feedback thread

• Archived  

By Dave - December 1, 2009

Hi Ron,

First make sure this is unchecked:
Admin > General Settings > Menu Options [__] Always show expanded menu (don't hide unselected menu groups)

Next, try clearing your cache and refreshing in firefox.

It the problem persists email me CMS login details to dave@interactivetools.com and I'll try it on my end. (I couldn't reproduce it in firefox locally). Note: Email, don't post login details to the forum.

Thanks! :)
interactivetools.com

• Archived  

By rconring - December 1, 2009

Clearing the cache did the trick!

Once again, let me commend you on your incredible support!
Ron Conring
Conring Automation Services
----------------------------------------
Software for Business and Industry Since 1987

• Archived  

By Djulia - December 3, 2009

Hi Dave,

I find more difficult to personalize the page of login to the colors of the vendor.
But perhaps that we are not authorized to modify the colors with the new license of the template ?

There is now in the menu the License link. It is possible to have the link only for the admin ?
Or, it is possible to adapt the license for the authors and the editors ?
If I want to use the plugin User Sign Up Form for a site of classifieds for example, I would like to be able very easily to personalize the pages for the authors (assistance, license, login).

Thank you for the feedback. [:)]

Djulia

Re: [Djulia] CMSB v2.00 Beta 2: Signup & Feedback thread

• Archived  

By Dave - December 3, 2009

Hi Djulia,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to do but I'll give you some information on what's possible and you can let me know if you have more questions.

You can set the color under: Admin > General > Color / Theme (Blue, Green, Red)

There's no automatic way to add new colors but we could add support for that if needed. Right now you can do it like this:

- Create a new color css file here: /cmsAdmin/3rdParty/SimplaAdmin/css/yourColor.css
- Copy an existing color like red.css for an example.
- Update this in /data/settings.dat.php: cssTheme = "yourColor.css"

If that works for you I can update the color/theme pulldown in admin to automatically list new color files as they are added.

For the license, if you private label under: Admin > General > Vendor > Private Label it will show your company info instead of ours.

We added the link there because many customers were doing it manually. We can create a checkbox or plugin to hide/change that. Let me know what you wanted to do for that.

The best way to add new links to the menubar, though, is to use a plugin. Try enabling the "Example Header Links" plugin for an example.

Hope that helps! Let me know any further questions or ideas you have on this. And if anyone else has a preference please let us know. Thanks!
interactivetools.com

• Archived  

By Djulia - December 3, 2009 - edited: December 4, 2009

Hi Dave,

[font "Verdana"]>> If that works for you I can update the color/theme pulldown in admin to automatically list new color files as they are added. [font "Verdana"]

If that is possible, it would be very ergonomic. :)

>> [font "Verdana"]We can create a checkbox or plugin to hide/change that. Let me know what you wanted to do for that.

In fact, it is that according to the user (author, editor or admin), the license of use can be different.

[font "Verdana"]I can be the owner (vendor) of the license and give only a right of access for a site of classifieds for example.

Also, yes, your idea is also very interesting ! :)

In the ideal, it would be interesting to be able to use a condition like :
if author or editor = user license.
if admin = owner license.

Thank you again for your reativity.

Djulia

Re: [Djulia] CMSB v2.00 Beta 2: Signup & Feedback thread

• Archived  

By Dave - December 4, 2009

Hi Djulia,

I've updated the latest build to list new CSS files as well as the existing ones.

Also, I've attached a plugin that hides the license link.

If you'd like to add links to show different license content for different users then have a look at exampleHeaderLinks.php and email me directly if you need help implementing that.

Hope that helps!
interactivetools.com
Attachments:

hidelicenselink.php 1K