Database

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 1, 2009   (RSS)

By k4tlove - November 30, 2009

Questions concerning CMS Builder:

1. If you create a php application form, such as an insurance application. When a client fills out the form is there an automatic way to have that data delivered in a database format? If not, I assume the data can be automatically delivered via e-mail? My client would like to be able to get it in some database format.

2. If I develope a contact form can the database be set up to automatically send me an e-mail with the answers to the questions in the form with a "Thank You" respoinse going back to the sender?

Thanks, Tom

Re: [k4tlove] Database

By Chris - November 30, 2009

Hi Tom,

1. Can you explain what you mean by "a database format?" What exactly do you want to happen when a client fills out the form? If you want your form to send an email, there are plenty of free [url http://www.google.com/search?q=php+mail+form]PHP Mailer scripts[/url] available, or you could write your own if you know some PHP.

2. Yes, it would be possible to develop a script which mails both the answers to your client and a "thank you" to your visitor.

If you can explain exactly what you want, I may be able to provide more help.

We also have a consulting service which can set up forms like this for you, validating user input, inserting records into databases, and sending emails. Please let me know if you're interested in having us build these forms for you.
All the best,
Chris

Re: [k4tlove] Database

By Chris - December 1, 2009

Hi k4tlove,

If you're having a mailer script custom written for you, you can have the data formatted however you like. It could be in CSV format or in SQL statement(s). There aren't really any limits on what can be done! :)
All the best,
Chris