How to disable viewing of dealer/user records?

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: October 28, 2009   (RSS)

By Codee - October 28, 2009

Hello Dave and Co,
I have a client's site set up so that they can have dealer accounts so dealers can login and add/modify their own inventory records. It's set up so that each dealer has a user account and a dealer info record (and of course they are given access to add/modify inventory records section). There is both a "hidden" field and a "disable" field in the user account section. If we disable the dealer's account they can't login...HOWEVER, their inventory records still display. How can we make it so that if the dealer accounts are disabled that the inventory records created by them do not display to the public through the viewers?

Thanks in advance!

Re: [equinox69] How to disable viewing of dealer/user records?

By Dave - October 28, 2009

Hi Terry,

Under: Admin > Section Editors > Admin, check this option:

Disabled Accounts [_] Viewers: Hide records that are "Created By" a user who is: deleted, disabled, or expired

Let me know if that works for you.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] How to disable viewing of dealer/user records?

By Codee - October 28, 2009

Dave, I couldn't find that area Admin>Section Editors>Admin for that checkbox but found it here:
Admin>Section Editors>User Accounts and then on the Advanced tab.

Is that the correct place? I checked the box and saved and then went back to the viewable site. Records for disabled accounts are still viewing. What am I missing?

Re: [equinox69] How to disable viewing of dealer/user records?

By Dave - October 28, 2009

Hi Terry, I meant:

Under: Admin > Section Editors > Your Section (Inventory?) > Admin, check this option:

Let me know if that works for you.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com