trouble reading xml.php file

6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: September 17, 2009   (RSS)

Re: [Deborah] trouble reading xml.php file

By Chris - September 15, 2009

Hi Deborah,

Your XML output looks good to me, but I've never used xmlCalendar and I'm not sure what they're expecting. I suspect it might be a date format mismatch.

Do you have an example of what the XML is supposed to look like?
All the best,
Chris

Re: [chris] trouble reading xml.php file

By Deborah - September 15, 2009

Chris,

I'm wondering if you may be onto something with the date formatting. For the XML file the date needs to be read as:
YYYY-MM-DD

That formatting seems to be coming through correctly, as indicated in my example above, however, the public PHP page doesn't show any of the data generated for the .xml.php page.

I'd be happy to send login credentials to the test files.

Deborah

By Chris - September 15, 2009

Hi Deborah,

I'm afraid we can't provide support for third-party scripts, but if you can show us the format of the XML you want to output, we can help you write some code to output your CMS Builder data in the same format.

See if you can generate an XML file by hand which works with the xmlCalendar software. A "hello world," if you will. Did it come with any examples?
All the best,
Chris

Re: [chris] trouble reading xml.php file

By Deborah - September 16, 2009

Chris,

I understand your position as regards third-party scripts.

Thanks for your review of my XML and CMS Builder code. It helped me to know that those files were correct.

It was necessary to modify the calendar script to reference the xml.php file using the full path.

It is now working. (Hurray!)

Thanks again.
Deborah

By Chris - September 17, 2009

Glad to hear you got this working! :)
All the best,
Chris