CMSB v1.34 Beta: Backup & Restore (Sign up here!)

20 posts by 8 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: September 16, 2009   (RSS)

• Archived  

By Deborah - September 7, 2009

The backup & restore feature works great! Very happy to have that new functionality. No issues found here.

Deborah
  • Archived  

By avrom - September 8, 2009

Hi Dave,

I have bugs and a comment ^^ ;))

1. Backup feature doesnot work, error regarding fwrite().

2. Wyswig field doesnot display in editor, just shows blank area, but the data is okay.

3. Why move img tinymce and css folders ?

I'll email you my server details so you can check the bugs out.

Cheers
Avrom

Re: [virgodesign] CMSB v1.34 Beta: Backup & Restore (Sign up here!)

• Archived  

By Dave - September 8, 2009

Hi Avrom,

>3. Why move img tinymce and css folders ?

- To "hide" files and folders users don't often have to access (such as /images/ and /css/)

- To "show" or make it easier to find files and folders they might be looking for: Such as having wywisyg.php and wysiwyg.css beside each other so they're easy to find. /plugins/ in the root since that's going to be a more important feature moving forward, style.css in the root since that's a common standard, etc.

- To separate 3rd party licensed content and make it more obvious what it was. Sometimes people ask about the "3RD PARTY SERVICES" clause in our license and it makes it easier to explain and differentiate. Pretty much all web software these days uses other licensed content (from wysiwygs to javascript libraries, to the OS, Web Server, and even PHP itself) but sometimes explaining that takes some time.

I know it can be a little bit annoying to move things around. You can count on us to not do it too often and do it in batches when we do.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions about that.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com
  • Archived  

By Dave - September 8, 2009

Hello All,

We've just released Beta 2. If you're on the beta tester email list you should receive the link shortly (let me know if you don't).

Here's what's changed:
- WYSIWYG: Added Spellchecker button to wysiwyg editor (experimental)
- Viewers: Added pseudo-field *:text for checkboxes that displays checked or unchecked text. Example: $record['hidden:text']
- Special Fields: Creating 'showExpandedMenu' field in user accounts allows you to specify menu setting on a per user basis
- Section Editors: Added new option "Required Plugins" to Advanced tab of "Section Editors"
- Added extra error checking on upgrade for user added wysiwyg_custom.php files with old wysiwyg paths
- Backup filenames now start with current hostname and end with .php to prevent downloading and provide additional security
- Backup files now ignore 'table prefix' when backing up and restore using the table prefix of the current CMS
- Section Editors Table List: Fixed left padding so menu names that wrap are indented as expected
- Admin Menu: The maximum number of connections MySQL allows is now displayed under: General Settings > Server Info
- Default Data Support: Files named data/schema/sectionName.defaultSqlData.php are imported when new sections are created.
- Plugin System: Added actions for: admin_prelogin
- Section Editors: Fixed IE8 issue where Advanced Search/Simple Search links weren't working properly.
- Misc Changes

And more details on some of those items:

>WYSIWYG: Added Spellchecker button to wysiwyg editor (experimental)

This will add a spellcheck button to the wysiwyg. If you've setup a /lib/wysiwyg_custom.php file you'll need to update it to include the new code from /lib/wysiwyg.php. Note: Spellchecking requires some extra modules. Let me know if you get any errors.

>Viewers: Added pseudo-field *:text for checkboxes that displays checked or unchecked text. Example: $record['hidden:text']

This is useful if you want to display the checked/unchecked text for a checkbox instead of 0 or 1. Use $record['yourField'] for if and comparison tests and $record['yourField:text'] when you want to display the text value.

>Backup filenames now start with current hostname and end with .sql.php to prevent downloading and provide additional security
>Backup files now ignore 'table prefix' when backing up and restore using the table prefix of the current CMS

These changes are to make it easier to tell which backup files are from where and to move between CMSB installs that use different table prefixes. Old .sql files can still be restored.

>Admin Menu: The maximum number of connections MySQL allows is now displayed under: General Settings > Server Info

This is the total number of simultaneous connections your MySQL server will accept. This will give you an idea of the max capacity of your website.

>Default Data Support: Files named data/schema/sectionName.defaultSqlData.php are imported when new sections are created.

This is so we can bundle data with schema and template files. To create one of these files just name it after your section and copy the sql for that section from a backup file to a .defaultSqlData.php file. When the section gets created for the first time (after install or uploading a new schema file) the sql will be imported as well.

>- Misc Changes

There was a number of other bugs or issues that were fixed but not individually listed.

Please post any bugs, comments, or feedback. Thanks!
interactivetools.com
  • Archived  

By avrom - September 8, 2009

Hi Dave,

Beta2 worked fine ! Thanks :)) [cool]

The db backup and restore worked flawlessly. I especially like the tie into wysiwyg_custom.php so the editor settings are not lost during an upgrade. I think the database backup and restore feature is worth gold for many users - who want to have frequent backups without the hassle of phpMyAdmin.

Cheers
Avrom
  • Archived  

By Damon - September 8, 2009

I found that the Spellchecker in the WYSIWYG editor didn't work when I installed the latest Beta on my Windows WAMP server locally.

For anyone running WAMP on their local machine, to make the Spellchecker work, you just have to enable the PHP extension: php_openssl

To do this:
1. click on the WAMP icon in your task bar
2. select PHP then PHP extensions
3. you should see a large list of extensions. Click php_openssl to enable it.

WAMP will reboot and the Spellchecker works!

I'm off to misspell some words now. [;)]
Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Deborah] CMSB v1.34 Beta: Backup & Restore (Sign up here!)

• Archived  

By Dave - September 14, 2009

Hi Deborah,

That one's an optional field. So if you create it then it will work. So to try it out create a checkbox field with a "field name" of 'showExpandedMenu' (the field label can be whatever you like).

Thanks for all your help!
interactivetools.com
  • Archived  

By Deborah - September 14, 2009

That one's an optional field. So if you create it then it will work. So to try it out create a checkbox field with a "field name" of 'showExpandedMenu' (the field label can be whatever you like).

Got it! Works great!

Thanks.
Deborah
  • Archived  

By Dave - September 16, 2009

Thanks everyone for your amazing support. We've release v1.34 here:

http://www.interactivetools.com/forum/gforum.cgi?post=74569#74569

I'll let you know when the next beta is ready. And if you'd like to help with the next beta just email me at dave@interactivetools.com.

Thanks!
interactivetools.com