Viewer URLs Problem

9 posts by 5 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 22, 2009   (RSS)

By ThreeTree - August 18, 2009

Is it possible to view the page represented in the section editor? When I click on view website for the page I have updated I get "#setThisInAdminMenu" after the domain name. I've tried a variety of options in the detail page URL field but cannot view the page without going to the site home page. I may not understand the function of that field but thought I could view the page I was updating.

Re: [ThreeTree] Viewer URLs Problem

By Kenny - August 18, 2009 - edited: August 18, 2009

Three Tree,

This setting found under General Settings.

You can normally replace #setThisInAdminMenu with just a /

Let us know if that doesn't work.

Kenny

Re: [sagentic] Viewer URLs Problem

By Dave - August 18, 2009

Hmm, do you think we should default that to / or maybe /#setThisInAdminMenu

The idea was to make it easy for people to find where to edit it, but maybe having it do what 90% of the people would want anyways would be a better default.

Thoughts?
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Viewer URLs Problem

By ThreeTree - August 19, 2009

I made the change as suggested and now go to the home page of the website with a valid url (no #set). Can I set the viewer url for each section to go directly to that page or is the only option the website home page? I am not clear if that option is even available and if so how to indicate specific page so that "View Website" link will go to the page being edited. I've attempted a variety of versions of the page url in the set details section of the section editor for the page but always default to the home page of the site.

I prefer the "/" rather than #set as a default. But think the issue is my confusion regarding how these pieces work together.

By Chris - August 19, 2009

Hi ThreeTree,

The "View Website >>>" link only links to a single page, but it is possible to get to a section's List Page URL by clicking the Preview button on the section's record list page.

Hope this helps! :)
All the best,
Chris

By Donna - August 21, 2009

Hi ThreeTree,

The viewer URL's are used by the pages themselves. The "link" code to the detail page (and the "back" buttons as well) use those links to know where to go. :)
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com

Re: [Donna] Viewer URLs Problem

By ThreeTree - August 21, 2009

If I have a single record page do I need to code the viewer url?

By Chris - August 22, 2009

Hi ThreeTree,

If you never use $record['_link'] for a section, then there's no need to specify Detail Page Url. If you never use $sectionMetaData['_listPage'], then there's no need to specify List Page Url.

The only time a single record section's Detail Page Url would be used would be if you explicitly loaded its record on another page and added a link to it with $record['_link'].
All the best,
Chris