CMS Builder v1.32 Released (My Account Menu)

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 12, 2009   (RSS)

• Archived  

By Dave - August 4, 2009

We've just released v1.32 with many new features and improvements.

The main new feature in this release is a "My Account" menu (link from the top by Logoff). This menu lets CMS users edit their username, password, email, and any other fields you choose (such as upload fields, wysiwyg fields, etc).

This is useful to allow users to modify their own email or password, but can also be used to allow the user to easily manage a profile or homepage that can be displayed on the website.

By default, if a section has a field called 'createdByUserNum' (which they all do) viewers will already automatically make all the user account variables available as $record['createdBy.fullname'], $record['createdBy.email'], etc. So you can now easily add fields to the accounts section, let the users edit them through the "My Account" menu, and display them on the site.

For a full list of changes, visit the CMS Builder changelog:
http://www.interactivetools.com/products/cmsbuilder/changelog.html

CMS Builder users can upgrade by donation at this page:
http://www.interactivetools.com/upgrade/

Please feel free to post your feedback and questions! We're always eager to get your feature requests and bug reports, every single release is full of user requested fixes and features. Post in the forum or email me at dave@interactivetools.com.

Thanks!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Djulia] CMS Builder v1.32 Released (My Account Menu)

• Archived  

By Dave - August 12, 2009

Hi Djulia,

No, It's not possible yet.

Right now you can set fields to be "Admin Only" and users with Author access can't see them. Also Author users can only edit their own records.

At some point in the future we'll add more advanced user groups and access levels.

So for now the only other method would be to create a custom plugin or custom code that made it work for your project.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com