Auto-generated menu using Single Record menu type

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 30, 2009   (RSS)

By lermine - July 30, 2009

I believe I have seen this solution on the forum previously, but am unable to relocate it. The following article: [url "http://www.interactivetools.com/forum/gforum.cgi?post=64259#64259"]http://www.interactivetools.com/forum/gforum.cgi?post=64259#64259[/#0000ff][/url] (although super informative) does not address the Single Record menu type as found in the Section Editors tab of the Admin menu.

I have a website created in CMS Builder using the Single Record menu type. The site has to be created this way in order to address the specifications of the client. I need to have the menu automatically generated (similar to the post above that uses the Category Menu type) but for the Single Record menu type. Does the application currently do this?

If you could please point me in the correct direction for a solution, I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Re: [lauraermine] Auto-generated menu using Single Record menu type

By Dave - July 30, 2009

Hi Laura,

The "Single Record" menu type create a link on the menu that lets you edit a single record, the "Category" menu type creates a link that lets you add/modify/erase multiple records and arrange them in a tree structure.

Are you able to post an url that shows the site or more details about your project and what you're trying to do?

Thanks!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Auto-generated menu using Single Record menu type

By lermine - July 30, 2009

Sure Dave!

I created the following site: http://www.wilcodevauthority.com/ using the Category Menu type. The client came back and we had to change the site to the Single Record approach so that individual php files were created for each main menu page. The skin has several photos down the side per the clients request. Some menu items required more photos and adjustment to the skin for that area. Also there is an intro page with Flash that has to be separate for their needs. Thus we went with the single record menu option so these main pages could be individually edited from a skin perspective. (It is currently hiding behind the site listed above in development). To the right of the page we had a dynamic menu (when it was originally the Category Menu approach prior to the clients changes). Now that we had to change the type to Single Record to achieve the clients new needs the menu does not work as it did with the Category menu type. I would like it to work the same as the Category Menu type where the code is automatically generated by CMS Builder and updated when the client makes changes, however I can't figure out how to do incorporate that into the Single Record pages since the table code found at the top and the content section (as generated in Code Generator) is significantly different. Does this make sense?

Also, the pages that are created as single php pages now are Home, Available Properties, Existing Industries and Companies, Overview, and Contact. In CMS builder the submenu items you see on the site as being published now (Category Menu) are nested within those pages. For instance Incentives are under Available Properties.

Re: [lauraermine] Auto-generated menu using Single Record menu type

By Dave - July 30, 2009

Hi Laura,

I think we got this all figured out on the phone. If you have any other questions just let us know! :)
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com