Losing changes in admin

5 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 28, 2009   (RSS)

By maartenvr - July 27, 2009

When I update a post, the changes are visible on the website. But then when I go back to the admin, for some reason when I open that post back up all the changes are gone, and I need to do it all over again to add one little change.

I think this is only happening in IE... but how can this be fixed?
Maarten Van Ruitenburg
Dreamweaver Lessons

Re: [maartenvr] Losing changes in admin

By Dave - July 27, 2009

Hi Maarten,

It sounds like your browser (or your internet provider) is caching your web pages and showing you the last viewed page instead of the latest one.

If this only happens in IE and not another browser then try checking the caching settings in IE. Also, after clicking "modify" try refreshing the browser to see it loads the current page.

Let me know if that works!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Losing changes in admin

By maartenvr - July 27, 2009

Well... I think it is more then just an IE problem. I have the problem on multiple PC's. Also, I have IE set to delete temp files when closing, but when I open it back up it still shows.....
Maarten Van Ruitenburg
Dreamweaver Lessons

Re: [maartenvr] Losing changes in admin

By Dave - July 28, 2009

I can try and re-create the problem on my end if you like. Just send me CMS login details and steps to re-create to dave@interactivetools.com.

If I can re-create it then we can track it down and resolve it. If not, we can look at what's going on with the browser or other issues. Try to see any patterns of when it happens and when it doesn't.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com