A Form Builder & CMS Builder

3 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 1, 2009   (RSS)

By Wolf-E - June 30, 2009

I recently got a webform builder program (works okay) from those good people who like Coffee... and whilst reading through the documentation noticed it can be set up to send the responses direct to a database. That would be neat to link to the CMS Builder database and collect user input on the fly and generate the results as a new page. (I want to use it to collect information relevant to our full membership but without giving over 200+ "associates" access to the CMS Builder itself. ) This is to save time basically. Has anyone had any experience of doing this? Did it work? Any bugs?

Re: [Wolf-E] A Form Builder & CMS Builder

By ross - June 30, 2009

Hi there.

Thanks for posting!

While I haven't done it using other software like that before, because CMS Builder is based on MySQL, you would just need to setup a section with the appropriate fields and then have your form builder insert its data into that table. From there, you can treat it just like any other section in CMS Builder and make a page that lists all the content.

I don't have any specific points for you but as long as you get your form pointing at a CMS Builder form, you should be good to go.

I've setup forms myself that insert data into CMS Builder so it's definitely possible. It's just a matter of making your form insert into CMS Builder's database.

Keep me up to date with how you are making out :).
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/