Integrating with Wordpress

6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: June 25, 2009   (RSS)

By Moonworks - June 24, 2009

I'm wanting to set up a site using Wordpress, but then add additional sections to the site using CMS Builder.

Is there a simple way to do that?

A real bonus would be a way to comboine the two admins.
High quality residential training for writers, actors & Film Making - Click Here for further information

Re: [Moonworks] Integrating with Wordpress

By ross - June 24, 2009

Hi there.

Thanks for the email!

There isn't really going to be a way to have both admins running together but you can defintiely have both programs running on the same site at the same time.

I am curious though what you wanted to us WordPress for? Perhaps there are some options for you to run the entire site in CMS Builder.

Let me know what you think :).
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [ross] Integrating with Wordpress

By Moonworks - June 24, 2009

Thanks for the quick reply.

To be honest, the idea of a joint admin was wishful thinking.

I'd be using a combination of Wordpress and CMS Builder together for ease of use more than anything, with many of the things I'd need to do already having been done, but also the number of plug-ins that are available.

My problem is that I'm not a coder, I just learn the bits I need as I need them.

The site I have in mind, is a site for film festivals and film makers, allowing the two to meet up, have listings on the site, etc. A bit like withoutabox.com, buit without the crazily high charges they have on some of their services (I was quoted $500 today just to list one of my film festivals).
High quality residential training for writers, actors & Film Making - Click Here for further information

Re: [Moonworks] Integrating with Wordpress

By ross - June 25, 2009

Hi there.

Thanks for the extra details :).

What you are running into there is that both WordPress and CMS Builder have a function with the same name.

That wasn't a problem I had thought of and I am not sure if there will be away around that short of renaming a bunch of functions in one of the programs. There's no easy way to know in advance how much work that would end up being. There are thousands of functions in both programs.

I think this might be a case where both programs won't be able to exist on the same page. Can you break that one up into two different things?

Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [ross] Integrating with Wordpress

By Moonworks - June 25, 2009

I was thinking about the same thing.

I've decided to have a go at creating the whole thing using CMS Builder, so expect many questions from me [crazy]