Error on Page

8 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: June 22, 2009   (RSS)

By dustycarter - April 22, 2009

Hello!

I installed CMS builder today. When I log into the admin site and click on Section Editors or Code generator, I get an "Error on Page". The error is "Object doesn't support this property or method". The Add New Editor button is unresponsive when clicked (more than likely dut to the error).

I have reuploaded all the files a few times, double checked folder permissions etc.

One thing I might mention is that the URL I am using is temporary because I am switching hosts and have not transfered the domain from the current live site. The URL is
http://www.eliteaviation.com.previewdns.com/cmsAdmin/admin.php. The .previewdns.com portion will be removed when I transfer the domain and the live site will be under www.eliteaviation.com (currenlty at the clients old web host). This is the only thing that I can think of that is different from the last time I isntalled this product without any issues.

Have you seen this? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance! Let me know if you need any more info.

Regards,

Dustin

Re: [dustycarter] Error on Page

By Dave - April 22, 2009

Hi Dustin, Welcome to the CMS Builder forum! :)

Thanks for reporting this. We've seen it before, basically the previewdns.com host injects code in all the pages you view through that domain so it can popup a little box telling you how to setup your DNS.

That code is breaking the code in CMS Builder. Once you move to the live domain it won't happen anymore.

We've had a few customers on that same host report this, so if you like you can send me FTP and CMS login details to dave@interactivetools.com (email, don't post login details to the forum) and I could see if I can add a workaround or at least add a warning to our code. Typically

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Error on Page

By dustycarter - April 23, 2009

Perfect!

Thank you for the prompt response!

Re: [Dave] Error on Page

By dustycarter - April 23, 2009

By the way. I will send the infromation you requested this afternoon.

Thanks!

Re: [dustycarter] Error on Page

By ross - April 24, 2009

Hi Dustin.

Wanted to post a reply to this thread regarding the fix we found for the previewdns.com problem.

Basically, previewdns.com is adding a whole bunch of Javascipt, CSS and HTML just above the closing </body> tag.

The solution was to add a space to the </body> tag like this: </body >.

There are actually a bunch of files in CMS Builder that need to be adjusted to get that going and I'll attach them in my next post. I'll also update CMS Builder so future versions already have this fix.

Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Cathy] Error on Page

By ross - June 22, 2009

Hi there.

Thanks for posting! I am not exactly sure what's happening there. If you sent me an email with FTP details and a link to your post though, I could take a closer look.

Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [ross] Error on Page

By Cathy - June 22, 2009

Info headed your way, Ross. Thanks!