Loss of style information whwn pasting from Word

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 6, 2009   (RSS)

Re: [ispro] Loss of style information whwn pasting from Word

By InHouse - May 6, 2009

Hello ispro,

If I understand correctly you want to keep the cosmetics applied to some elements of text in Word when you paste a block into the CMSB editor.

A couple of ideas to get you started:

1 - You could disable the currently automatic feature in the editor that kicks a paste action over to the "Paste From Word" window. This is an editor settings feature which is easy enough to disable. I don't remember the exact file needed, but I know know this was discussed about two years ago on this board. Should be easily searchable.

2 - I would suggest the better option would be to let the editor strip out all the overhead from Word. It's not great code anyway and does tend to foul up some browsers when the content is viewed. Instead, recreate your desired cosmetics in your CSS rules. Should your design change over time you'll be able to apply all your changes site-wide from one location anyway.

3 - There is a way to add an internal style sheet to the editor itself. This is not hard but requires a couple of settings edits and these may have to be manually repeated after an editor update.

Not a complete answer I know, but hopefully a kick-off point for more well informed people to assist you.

Cheers,
J.