Change upload folder for a section

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 30, 2009   (RSS)

By rconring - April 30, 2009

Wow ... I thought it would be a simple matter to rename an upload folder for a section (\cmsAdmin\uploads\horses) to \cmsAdmin\uploads\animals) so I did so on the server, then went back into the section editor and changed the custom upload path to match the new location. I then regenerated the thumbnails, although that may not have been necessary. It doesn't show my uploads for that section any more ... If I change it all back, it is OK.

Am I actually brain dead or am I simply missing something? I really need to change the folder to something more general and don't care to have to re-upload all the images.
Ron Conring
Conring Automation Services
----------------------------------------
Software for Business and Industry Since 1987

Re: [rconring] Change upload folder for a section

By ross - April 30, 2009

Hi Ron

Thanks for posting!

When you change the path for your uploads in a specific field, all the images you had already uploaded should actually still keep on working.

CMS Builder isn't going to move those from where they are currently stored. It will just start uploading your images to the new folder from that point forward.

The reason for this is that CMS Builder actually stores the path to each image right in the database.

The fact that it now seems that old images don't appear at all after changing that path makes me think there is something else going on. Of course, I don't exactly know what just yet.

Would you mind sending me an email to consulting@interactivetools.com with FTP details and a link to this thread?

Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/