Image Upload Resizing Issue

13 posts by 6 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 24, 2009   (RSS)

By garyhoffmann - March 23, 2009

I've seen some posts related to this, but did not find an answer to this one.

I'm using the editor to edit the content of a page. Within the page, I want to insert an image. I use the image button, then browse for an image and upload it. This is an image that should be around 900w x 200h or so. No matter what I have for upload settings, it's resizing the picture down to around 600w. I don't want the image resized. I want the content to have the size picture I've created in photoshop.

How can I get CMS Builder to stop resizing my content pictures?

Thanks,

Gary

Re: [garyhoffmann] Image Upload Resizing Issue

By Kenny - March 23, 2009 - edited: March 23, 2009

Gary,

Go into your Section Editor and check and see if you have re-sizing enabled for your upload field.

Under "Input Validation" for the upload field "Resize images larger than:" is usually checked by default. Make sure this is unchecked.

Let me know if that doesn't work. It sounds like you may not have this checked, but let's start there to be sure.

Kenny

Re: [sagentic] Image Upload Resizing Issue

Thank you!!! I found something new because of this. I didn't even know this existed. I read about it on the forum, but couldn't find it.

Thanks.
Gary.

(sorry - newbie issue I guess)

Sadly, while I found what you were talking about, it's still resizing to 600 wide.

I first tried to turn off the check box, then, when that did not work, set the value to 1024 to make sure the 900w would work.

Neither worked - it still resized the picture to 600 pixels.

This is simply on a standard "content" field for a single item page (home page) of a website using the wysiwyg field.

Any other thoughts?

By _kate_ - March 24, 2009

In the input validation section for the WYSIWYG field there is an option to "Resize images larger than" and by default its set to width 600px and height 800 px.

Make sure this is unchecked. As far as I know from my experience, there isn't any way to undo any automatic resizing that has already been done whilst this option was enabled. So after I made sure it was unchecked, I deleted the image and re added it and it was no longer resized to 600px.

Let me know if that helps :)

Re: [_kate_] Image Upload Resizing Issue

By garyhoffmann - March 24, 2009

That's what I did (re-uploaded after unchecking and after setting the value to 1024). In both cases, it still resized the image.

I'm sure we're on to something here, but it doesn't seem to be honoring this setting.

BTW, I'm on V1.26.

Gary.

By zip222 - March 24, 2009

I had issues with image uploading with v1.26, though not exactly the same problem. You may want to upgrade to see if this goes away. I think that upgrade was one of the "bug fix" upgrades which they don't expect you to pay for.

By ross - March 24, 2009

Hi Gary

I also recommend upgrading. It's much easier to troubleshoot these kind of issues when we are all using the latest version of the software.

The upgrades are done by donation but for something like this, don't worry about unless you want to :). Here's the upgrade page:

http://www.interactivetools.com/upgrade/

Let us know if that gets things going. Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [ross] Image Upload Resizing Issue

By garyhoffmann - March 24, 2009

I can and probably will for this customer, but frankly updates come out so often I would go broke if I had to update every one of my sites with every update.

I'm just starting to move people into CMS Builder now, but I have over 100 sites. If every couple of weeks I have to update 100 sites to a new version of CMS Builder I will not have time to do any sales.

Anyway, in this case I will probably do the update anyway.

Gary.