Filter results based on a field

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 19, 2009   (RSS)

By (Deleted User) - March 19, 2009 - edited: March 19, 2009

This must be an easy one, but I am new to CMS Builder. Please if somebody can guide me.

Just completed my first CMS Builder site. So far I did not use any “Search” to show results. Just made a separate section for each item category for my customer.

We have one section called Plastic Strapping Tools. You can see it here:
http://www.qualitystrapping.com/strapping_tools/plastic_strapping_tools.php

The section is becoming too large so my client wants to divide it into more categories, but to keep it all in one section editor. I suggested to divide it like this:
  • Hand Tools
  • Battery Operated Tools
  • Pneumatic Power Tools

We will create an extra filed in the editor called "Tool Type" where they can choose one of the above from a list. Then on the main page there will be a brief description about what each is something like this:

Hand Tools < === This should be a link displaying only Plastic Strapping Tools with the "Tool Type" filed set to Hand Tools
Prief description about Hand Tools

Battery Operated Tools < === This should be a link displaying only Plastic Strapping Tools with the "Tool Type" filed set to Battery Operated Tools
Prief description about Battery Operated Tools

Pneumatic Power Tools < === This should be a link displaying only Plastic Strapping Tools with the "Tool Type" filed set to Pneumatic Power Tools
Prief description about Pneumatic Power Tools.

Can somone guide me in the right directions? I just need the code for the link. The actual page can even be a simple HTML page. The result page I don't have to change and I can leave as a PHP page. In fact, I have already created that page here:

http://www.qualitystrapping.com/strapping_tools/plastic_strapping_tools.html

All I have to do now is create the links. Any help will be apreciated!

Re: [sagentic] Filter results based on a field

By (Deleted User) - March 19, 2009

Thank you! This is so simple! Works like a charm.