CMS layout messed up in IE6 and IE7

5 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 16, 2009   (RSS)

By avrom - March 13, 2009 - edited: March 13, 2009

Hi Dave,

My client is using the latest veriosn of CMS Builder (1.27). In Mozilla the CMS looks fine, but in IE6 and IE7 its completely wacked, looks like the DIV's are all messed up. Screen Shot attached.

Thanks ! :))
Avrom
Attachments:

screen_shot.gif 47K

Re: [virgodesign] CMS layout messed up in IE6 and IE7

By avrom - March 14, 2009

Hi Dave,

Just installed a clean version on another site, and same thing. The layout is completely different between Mozilla and IE.

Re: [virgodesign] CMS layout messed up in IE6 and IE7

By ross - March 16, 2009

Hi virgodesign.

I've had a look at your screenshot and there is defintiely something odd going on there.

The first thing I noticed is that you have you've definitely made some customizations to this install. We actually recommend that you don't customize the interface as there is a lot of different things happening in there and problems like this one can arise. My first thought is going to be the new header image you are using. Try decreasing the size of that. If that doesn't work, you'll really want to go back to the default installation and work from there.

We can't really troubleshoot a custom interface that easily so the default setup is the way to go. Could you post a screenshot of that other installation you made?
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [ross] CMS layout messed up in IE6 and IE7

By avrom - March 16, 2009

Hi Ross,

Thanks for replying back, only the CSS was modified. What I discovered is that you have two separate CSS sheets one for everything (ui.css) and one for IE (ui_ie.css). Once I figured that out, I was able to fix it, and its working fine.

Avrom